Senton Center diff oil to fix front tires balloon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello friends, I come with a question about what viscosity of oil to use in the central differential to prevent front tires balloon on Senton 6s v3. I have read that thick oil fix that but very thick will make wheeles .. which one do you use and what effect does it have? thank you very much for sharing your experience

You will get numerous answers..but there is no right answer.. all depends on what feels right in the rig to you... get a bunch and try them all... anything from 200k-500k will improve your issues.. you can even lock it up with 1 mil... only you can answer this question as to what's best for you...

You will get numerous answers..but there is no right answer.. all depends on what feels right in the rig to you... get a bunch and try them all... anything from 200k-500k will improve your issues.. you can even lock it up with 1 mil... only you can answer this question as to what's best for you...
Do you think 500k is too much? Some road runs and off road on short grass ligth bashing..

500k will behave differently for everyone. There are a lot of factors, like total weight, ambient temperatures, terrain, etc so no one can be definitive for you. What was said above is the best advice you will find. Buy a few bottles and give them a try. Find what works best for you. ??????

I put 300k in mine and its perfect for me . Changed the truck alot , I had put the Infraction Hoons on it , with the stock 100k when you nail it from a dead stop on pavement you can easily see the fronts tires going way faster than the rear . After the change to 300k , when you nail it now the truck takes off like a bullet !!!

I put 300k in mine and its perfect for me . Changed the truck alot , I had put the Infraction Hoons on it , with the stock 100k when you nail it from a dead stop on pavement you can easily see the fronts tires going way faster than the rear . After the change to 300k , when you nail it now the truck takes off like a bullet !!!
Great, it's exactly what I'm looking for. but I can't find 300k diff oil. Should 500k be mixed with a lower one to get it?

Do you think 500k is too much? Some road runs and off road on short grass ligth bashing..

It's hard to answer that question as I only have experience with the larger tire rigs (outcast/ kraton).. but I do like 500k in the typhons as well.. it definitely makes them faster as more power gets to the ground instead of ballooning the front tires..

I have tried 500 and 200. I found the 500 was better for the tire ballooning but made doing low speed long distance wheelies difficult. The front wheel spin helps hold the nose up IMHO. As stated trying it out for your self is the only way to know whats best for you.

I put 500k into my Proline Pro MT , instant wheelie machine . I put 300k into my truggified Typhon V4 6s w/MX2.8's also a wheelie machine now , so the difference from the stock 100k to 300k was a huge difference . The Senton cannot fit big tires like that , so not to worry . I run my Senton only in street/parking lots , wanted it to handle and accelerate like a rocket , so I did the street tires ( Hoons ) / sway bars / and the 300k diff fluid / and 16t pinion .

The reason I vent mine is to help with ballooning , but mostly to keep water/dirt from getting inside the tires , and if it does the centrifugal force throws it out the vent holes . When I vent them I cover the inside of the rim holes with small pieces of duct tape .

I put 500k into my Proline Pro MT , instant wheelie machine . I put 300k into my truggified Typhon V4 6s w/MX2.8's also a wheelie machine now , so the difference from the stock 100k to 300k was a huge difference . The Senton cannot fit big tires like that , so not to worry . I run my Senton only in street/parking lots , wanted it to handle and accelerate like a rocket , so I did the street tires ( Hoons ) / sway bars / and the 300k diff fluid / and 16t pinion .
Sound great! I will run 300k with 16T pinion. Thank you so much

I pulled mine apart to find out that the diffs from the factory are a bit stingy on the diff oils. Especially considering how much the manual tells you to fill them.

I went 500k center, 60k rear and 30k up front to start my quest. So far I like it a lot better than stock. Front doesn't balloon up and the rear is a bit more solid, and wants to bring it around when powering through a turn (oversteer; which I like).

Overall, stock was just simply too loose and I am happy I switched everything out.

Good luck on your lube quest!

EDIT: Oops, I thought I was in the Kraton Prefix, you can ignore this if you want.

Last edited:
Sound great! I will run 300k with 16T pinion. Thank you so much
Cool !!! That thing flies w the 16t pinion !!! I switched over to the V4 sliding motor mount as well since I was digging into it . Remember , use some heat on the screws !!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back