Notorious Center diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew price

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi I'm about to order my new Notorious 6s blx . I see many people change center diff oil to help stop the front wheels from ballooning please can anyone provide what wt in front centre and rear as a good starting point. Also what front and rear make shock tower brace is best. Cheers

Hi I'm about to order my new Notorious 6s blx . I see many people change center diff oil to help stop the front wheels from ballooning please can anyone provide what wt in front centre and rear as a good starting point. Also what front and rear make shock tower brace is best. Cheers

For outcast you'll get lots of answers and if you search the forum there will so many suggestions it can be overwhelming.
A good start is 500k in the center. Then maybe 60k front and 30k rear but everybody drives differently so you may want to change after you give it a try. But this is what I would try first for sure.
The top choice for almost everyone here on the forum for upgrade towers, braces, etc is M2C Racing.
https://m2cracing.net/45-outcast

Noto/Outcast same truck different body! These trucks just really need decent throttle control. No matter what weight you put in the center it will wheelie all the time if your throttle heavy. Main reason for 500k weight in the center is to even out the power transfer going to the front and rear. Stock is 100k, if you watch it now the tires up front will balloon/pizza cutter way more then if you use 500k. It sends more power to the rear, which does lead to more wheelies. So that's why, personally, I think these trucks just have to have throttle control more then anything.

In my Outcast, I run 60k/500k/30k (Front/Center/Rear) (y) ?

For outcast you'll get lots of answers and if you search the forum there will so many suggestions it can be overwhelming.
A good start is 500k in the center. Then maybe 60k front and 30k rear but everybody drives differently so you may want to change after you give it a try. But this is what I would try first for sure.
The top choice for almost everyone here on the forum for upgrade towers, braces, etc is M2C Racing.
I just got a nice car package of diff fluid I did 20k/500k/20k Car was pulling hard on right side man it was wack to drive lol hell no so I’m going 60k/500k/30k as @crimsonfancy mentioned I’m sure he has like 20 diff fluid combos he did compared to my 1st

I just got a nice car package of diff fluid I did 20k/500k/20k Car was pulling hard on right side man it was wack to drive lol hell no so I’m going 60k/500k/30k as @crimsonfancy mentioned I’m sure he has like 20 diff fluid combos he did compared to my 1st

I don't have that much experience but I read here and absorb as much as I can. I've found that most guys do the 60/500/30 so it's what I'm running.
As @adidas303 mentioned, throttle control is key and if you're like me you like to fly wide ass open all the time! I just take it easy to get going and then jam it and let it fly. haha. I like to beat on my trucks because right before they break I'm laughing hard. ???

I run heavier tires, so guessing that may play a part as well (trencher 3.8's), but I found 500K too thick for 6S running with 13T-14T pinion and dropped to 300K which suited me much better. When I ran 4S, 500K was perfect for me. 6S just made it way too wheelie prone. It still wheelies with 300K, but it takes a bit more throttle to do it when the truck is rolling along at 1/2 throttle. With 500K, any blip at pretty much any speed sent the nose in the air.

Cheers ?
Noto/Outcast same truck different body! These trucks just really need decent throttle control. No matter what weight you put in the center it will wheelie all the time if your throttle heavy. Main reason for 500k weight in the center is to even out the power transfer going to the front and rear. Stock is 100k, if you watch it now the tires up front will balloon/pizza cutter way more then if you use 500k. It sends more power to the rear, which does lead to more wheelies. So that's why, personally, I think these trucks just have to have throttle control more then anything.

In my Outcast, I run 60k/500k/30k (Front/Center/Rear) (y) ?
Cheers ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back