Limitless Center diff or spool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luigibell78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hey guys....

Thinking about the limitless center spool/diff options....i noticed there is some talk about running a center diff opposed to the spool that comes with the Limitless.

Im wondering why couldn't you just run a smaller pinion to reduce the heat/stress on the motor?

Wouldn't changing the pinon only accomplish the same thing?

The 34t spur gear on the Limitless is pretty small. Compare that to 46t or 50t found on the center differentials....
The problem is that a small pinion on the motor wont reach the Limitless spur gear.

You could order a large 40+ tooth 8mm bore pinion from saga custom rc as an alternative to be used on the limitless spool acting as the spur gear. Arrma also offers an optional part for the limitless spur in a 39t version. This still would generate some heat comparted to a 46t or 50t.

The 34t spur gear on the Limitless is pretty small. Compare that to 46t or 50t found on the center differentials....
The problem is that a small pinion on the motor wont reach the Limitless spur gear.

You could order a large 40+ tooth 8mm bore pinion from saga custom rc as an alternative to be used on the limitless spool acting as the spur gear. Arrma also offers an optional part for the limitless spur in a 39t version. This still would generate some heat comparted to a 46t or 50t.

Arrma also has a 39T spool gear: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310951

I did that on one of my Limitless builds with the BLX2050 motor

Makes sense.....

What would be ideal the 50t or 46t spur?

Which motor?
What are you planning to do with the car? (certain peak speed in mind)
Still searching around...but my budget isn't huge right now.

Thinking of the rocket/hobbystar 4585 motor and i found a guy selling a like new Castle Mamba X 6s for a decent price. Not looking for huge speed numbers. If i hit 75 i would be happy.

Makes sense.....

What would be ideal the 50t or 46t spur?

It’s more about what motor (KV)and gearing you are looking for and getting it to fit in the motor mount. Going down from 50T to 46T will gain you maybe 5-10 MPH (theoretical calculations) but it’s about getting the proper mesh with the pinion / spur combination within the adjustment range of the motor mount.

Thinking of the rocket/hobbystar 4585 motor and i found a guy selling a like new Castle Mamba X 6s for a decent price. Not looking for huge speed numbers. If i hit 75 i would be happy.
That motor would work great (maybe oil the bearings regularly or upgrade them)
As for the ESC historically many of us on the forum find that Mamba x 6s does not do well with heavy RC cars like this. It tends to overheat...
It is rated for 1:8 and 1:10 scale and struggles with heavier 1:8 scale.

If you don't plan on going extremely fast I would look for a HW Max 6 or if you could get your hands on the Castle Mamba Monster X8s that would be best.

Sadly 1:7 scale gets expensive very quickly :stig:

That motor would work great (maybe oil the bearings regularly or upgrade them)
As for the ESC historically many of us on the forum find that Mamba x 6s does not do well with heavy RC cars like this. It tends to overheat...
It is rated for 1:8 and 1:10 scale and struggles with heavier 1:8 scale.

If you don't plan on going extremely fast I would look for a HW Max 6 or if you could get your hands on the Castle Mamba Monster X8s that would be best.
I will keep that in mind.?

Thanks

you could hit 75 with the stock 2050 motor / ESC - and get a set for ~$125 from one of the kit breakers.

you could hit 75 with the stock 2050 motor / ESC - and get a set for ~$125 from one of the kit breakers.
Im sure it can....the 2050 is not bad but seems just a bit small for a 1/7 scale i think....?

Im sure it can....the 2050 is not bad but seems just a bit small for a 1/7 scale i think....?
That is what comes in the Infraction. As long as it is geared low it will be fine.
In reality this motor is 19xx kv and so is the new Spektrum versions that come in the Felony and other new 6s models.

BLX 2050 Capture.JPG

That’s what comes in the Infraction/Felony setups from the factory. Personally I like the MAX6/4985 combo if you can stretch your budget a little bit. The combo was around $180 over Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

That’s what comes in the Infraction/Felony setups from the factory. Personally I like the MAX6/4985 combo if you can stretch your budget a little bit. The combo was around $180 over Black Friday / Cyber Monday.
Unfortunately around here (Canada) cost of this stuff is almost double.

The max6 combo would be ideal ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back