Typhon Center diff question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsumma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys just had a question I've only had my Arrma Typhon for a few weeks being it's winter in Ohio I haven't ran it much but when I do it seems like I'm getting way too much power transfer to the front tires in fact I've blown off two sets of tires off the rims running 6s my question is can I change the oil in the center diff and if so what oil should I change it to to prevent this.

@tsumma welcome to ArrmaForum! Yes you can replace the diff oil, just use any kind of silicon diff oil of your choosing.

But do you know what weight I should use to possibly stop sending so much power to the front wheels?

Hi

I could be wrong but if I am not mistaken the stock oil is 7k in the center 5k in the front and 3k in the back. You can bump up the center diff oil to 30k or 50k to help equalize the transfer of power between the front and back. But I bet its not your diff oil that needs to be changed, more then likely you need to adjust your shocks so that you get better ground to tire contact in the front and a little less in the back.

Hi

I could be wrong but if I am not mistaken the stock oil is 7k in the center 5k in the front and 3k in the back. You can bump up the center diff oil to 30k or 50k to help equalize the transfer of power between the front and back. But I bet its not your diff oil that needs to be changed, more then likely you need to adjust your shocks so that you get better ground to tire contact in the front and a little less in the back.

I will try adjusting my shots I was just driving in my yard this afternoon tried to get on it and turn at the same time and it literally blew a tire off the rim

Hi

6S has a tendency of doing that, are you running stock tires.

No I've already ruined those need to be reglued these are a set that isn't anything fancy Justin eBay set off brand do you have any recommendations I really hate the dish wheels

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back