Center diff rebuild problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boamedt

Reaction score
So i took all my diffs out and changed fluid. I removed everything from the inside of the cup, cleaned it off and put it back. I referred to the arrma manual with how much to fill them to. They all seemed good. I spun them around a few times to let the oil work around and they spun when i put the ring gear back on nicely. I put them all back in and i set it on the ground and give it a push....the wheel were locked. Turned it on and it did this

Last edited:
Mesh too tight? The center diff doesn't do anything until wheels unload. It should work as a spur only in that situation. Either mesh is way too tight or your front/rear diff is in backwards. I'm not sure if that's possible tho.

The ring gear should line up with depression in chassis. Looking from the rear the rear diff ring gear should be on the left side. Same with front looking from the front.

I noticed my pinion slid towards the motor and chewed up my motor mount a little. I guess its the only part they didnt use red locktite on. So i changed it for the speed pinion. Its fast, thats for sure. It got super hot too and made itsself take a break. I was on a big asphalt pad and it kinda shut down. It was still on and steering worked but no f/r. So i switched it off and back on and it worked. I didnt drive it anymore though. Battery was at 3.68 per cell

Yea. Speed pinion will get it hot on 6s. Run a pinion in between for speed and better temps. I run a 16t but on 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back