Limitless Center diff to spool install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Sorry to bother everyone again, I'm putting a spool back in my limitless and there is play forward to back, do I use a diff shim to space it correctly or is there something I'm doing wrong, the other diff fits perfectly and has no play

The spacers are in it, I got it assembled already and just checked and everything is there, it has about 1/32 inch of play from bearing to mount and both other diffs I have don't...

The spacers are in it, I got it assembled already and just checked and everything is there, it has about 1/32 inch of play from bearing to mount and both other diffs I have don't...
oh ya the spools are that way. You would have to buy shims to get it snug...

I ordered them, i wish there were hobby shops still around like they used to be lol, I take it apart, order parts and wait 😂
Eventually one day I'll actually get to use this thing, if it's not weather or road conditions it's parts

I ordered them, i wish there were hobby shops still around like they used to be lol, I take it apart, order parts and wait 😂
Eventually one day I'll actually get to use this thing, if it's not weather or road conditions it's parts
+1 when the hobby shop in my town closed they took the track down too. Not only can I not buy parts locally, I don’t have a track nearby to run it anymore.

There's only one decent one left around me and it's 45 minutes away, I have a 3 year old and work nights so by the time I wake up everything is closed

I still have one 10 minutes away from me, and I drive by it on the way too and from work😂. I’m very lucky about that, but the icing on the cake is bitter. They don’t carry arrma parts.

Diff shims or are there different shims for spool
Use the same shims that are used to space the main gear at the front and rear diffs. You should have them already? Need spares on hand always. I commonly use just one shim at the center , whether a spool or diff. Usually at the Rear side of the spool, or Diff. Check where you optimally want the shim(s). But too tight is very bad. The spool should still spin up fast and freely once shimmed. The spool BB's will become toast fast if too sug.

The shims that come with the car when you get it?? There's a bag with 4 shims in it that came with each car I've got, they are the ones I used to space hub bearings to eliminate wobble, is that them or is it something different

The shims that come with the car when you get it?? There's a bag with 4 shims in it that came with each car I've got, they are the ones I used to space hub bearings to eliminate wobble, is that them or is it something different
Yeah, that's them. Should work anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back