Kraton Center Differential Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys. When I first joined I saw some of you guys had taken a motor mount and cut some off to make a mount for the center differential. I can't for the life of me find it again. Any way someone can point me to the instructions or to a thread where this is explained. I ordered the motor mount, for $8 on Ebay, and figured if I'm doing a servo, diff oil, bearings, and chassis braces, I may as well do the center diff mount too.

When you get the mount you just cut off the center diff portion,toss the other half.When your done it should look like the plastic version.Make sure when you install the center diff ,it is fully seated on both metal bearing retainers,if not you can bind the bearing and break the diff.Also the plastic upper cage will need to have the holes oblonged to fit the new diff metal bracket( slightly different dimension).

Right on, I know it looked pretty basic. I'll already have the Dremel out to cut the mount so the holes should not be that big a deal.

When you get the mount you just cut off the center diff portion,toss the other half.When your done it should look like the plastic version.Make sure when you install the center diff ,it is fully seated on both metal bearing retainers,if not you can bind the bearing and break the diff.Also the plastic upper cage will need to have the holes oblonged to fit the new diff metal bracket( slightly different dimension).
I had to make the holes in the chassis oblong also to match.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back