Granite Center driveshaft high speed support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Well it makes removing and reinstalling the center driveshaft more of a challenge, lol. They aren’t winning any awards for design with this one. The difference in the new center driveshaft is a molded ring to slide the bearing againt.

D8D6D5F6-0CED-4936-A835-50771D309591.jpeg
AFCD4C0C-63BC-4757-B700-34DEAB8D9950.jpeg

There is a hole in the mount where you put the screw through. I take it apart and show you but it’s a pain in the ass to get back in.

All good Ed,

I just cant picture how you screw it down from the top with the drive shaft in place.

Its cool, I'll check out the schematic :)

All good Ed,

I just cant picture how you screw it down from the top with the drive shaft in place.

Its cool, I'll check out the schematic :)

The pastic Mount fits into the third hex on a chassis. The screw just separates the part that is sitting it the hex and tightens the hold. Nothing screws into the chassis.

Oh, I get it now, shaft isn't actually captured as it doesn't have a top loop portion, what I am seeing is the top of the bearing.

Oh, I get it now, shaft isn't actually captured as it doesn't have a top loop portion, what I am seeing is the top of the bearing.

Correct. The bearing snaps into the base.

I figured it would be harder getting the shaft out ... Mine should arrive tomorrow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back