Typhon Center driveshaft tip cover broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Flint

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
The plastic that covers the tip that goes into the slipper clutch gave on me and i was wondering how bad would it be to go without it?
Shipping right now is very expensive so if its not too bad could it wait or even be left out all together?

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_174724.jpg
    IMG_20200425_174724.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 49
The plastic that covers the tip that goes into the slipper clutch gave on me and i was wondering how bad would it be to go without it?
Shipping right now is very expensive so if its not too bad could it wait or even be left out all together?
Run it. It’s not absolutely necessary

Great! but why is it there? what is it suppose to do exactly?
It puts the tension on the outer lip of the driveshaft instead of the inner on the red cog inside

It puts the tension on the outer lip of the driveshaft instead of the inner on the red cog inside

yes, it also retains the spline in the clutch while the driveshaft is out.... like @jondilly1974 said, no worries.. run it..✌

I wouldn't say it's totally unnecessary, I think it is used to cover the slots, if you get debris inside it would jam the thrust bearing which will cause your slipper to get loose.

It is also convenient to have since it holds the red male-male driveshaft piece while you remove the center driveshaft.
I bet you could wrap it with a simple tape to cover the slots.

I wouldn't say it's totally unnecessary, I think it is used to cover the slots, if you get debris inside it would jam the thrust bearing which will cause your slipper to get loose.

It is also convenient to have since it holds the red male-male driveshaft piece while you remove the center driveshaft.
I bet you could wrap it with a simple tape to cover the slots.

the slots are also in the plastic part.. it does not cover them.. ?

You can rotate it so it covers it, I imagined it's like that so you can oil that bearing or something, but I can't tell I'm totally convinced...

it has notches in it that lock into the slipper hub with the window slots aligned.. again the windows remain open..✌

Well, so I have no idea why these slots are there...

same brother.. ?..could be a cooling thing, could be so you could push the screw out if its stuck... im unsure as well.. ✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back