Center rear driveshaft slightly bent questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotwheel85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hey guys.

My k8s have been runned total 10 times, it have stock electronic with larger pinion/thicker center diff oil.

Today when i inspected the truck i see that the rear center driveshaft is slightly bent, not much like one see it when the truck stand still, but if i give trottle while the truck standing still, with the wheels off the bench one easily see it wobble.
How common is this issue?
On the long run i wonder what the consequenses could be with running it like this, i don't think a replacement would be a solution, since it would be bent again real quick.

Should i try to take it out and bend it back?
Checked the exploded view and i see it connected inside the rear diff housing, easiest way would be to remove the rear diff and pull it out?

So far so good nothing have been broken yet, could it get worse quick, and have anyone here had issues with more then it’s just bent?

Last edited:
Hey guys.

My k8s have been runned total 10 times, it have stock electronic with larger pinion/thicker center diff oil.

Today when i inspected the truck i see that the rear center driveshaft is slightly bent, not much like one see it when the truck stand still, but if i give trottle while the truck standing still, with the wheels off the bench one easily see it wobble.
How common is this issue?
On the long run i wonder what the consequenses could be with running it like this, i don't think a replacement would be a solution, since it would be bent again real quick.

Should i try to take it out and bend it back?
Checked the exploded view and i see it connected inside the rear diff housing, easiest way would be to remove the rear diff and pull it out?

So far so good nothing have been broken yet, could it get worse quick, and have anyone here had issues with more then it’s just bent?
Mine is pretty bent as well. Its been that was for a while. I have a spare so I might change it soon.

To change it, just pull the whole rear end off the truck. It will give the room you need to work. Technically you don't have to, but it's the easiest way. Once you have it off, pull the diff cover and the diff out. Then you remove the C-clip on the diff pinion gear. Once you do that you can pull the diff pinion/CVD out and swap it. You will have to take the diff pinion off before the entire CVD will slide though. I can make a video of you want.

Mine is pretty bent as well. Its been that was for a while. I have a spare so I might change it soon.

To change it, just pull the whole rear end off the truck. It will give the room you need to work. Technically you don't have to, but it's the easiest way. Once you have it off, pull the diff cover and the diff out. Then you remove the C-clip on the diff pinion gear. Once you do that you can pull the diff pinion/CVD out and swap it. You will have to take the diff pinion off before the entire CVD will slide though. I can make a video of you want.

Thanks bicketybam! Very kind of you to offer that but i just got it out :) Was quick to get it out once the rear diff was out. But i lost the little pin inside the shaft once i was outside with the hammer, after 15 min searching i finally found it ? . Lesson learned.

It’s still slightly bent. Yes and you also have more torque on the motor in yours so i guess it would be fine running with it.
Was just worried this could cause broken bearings or diff cup, then again broken diff gear as a result.. After thinking about it i would guess that everyone with a k8s that changed the pinion and raised the punch would have the same "issue"

It still wobble a few mm when one roll the car on the table, but when you hold the car up and give trottle it seems worse, maby they keep straight enough from end to end and it looks worse then it is.

Still no fix for the issue here in the States. CRCU offers titanium CVD's but the price for imports is ridiculous

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back