Talion Center spool everyday running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was always under the impression that a center spool was only to be used for speed runs, not general bashing.

However, the revo & erevo don't have center diffs, so essentially have a spool, and they are fine bashers.

Is there something I'm missing?

E-revo does have a slipper clutch. Newer e-revo has the Cush drive which is torque biasing like in the x-maxx. It Has a rubber insert instead of pads.

Hiya,

I was always under the impression that a center spool was only to be used for speed runs, not general bashing.

However, the revo & erevo don't have center diffs, so essentially have a spool, and they are fine bashers.

Is there something I'm missing?
@joostin420 is right even though they technically don't have a center diff it's not locked like a spool would.
If you tried to bash with a spool instead of the center diff things would go bad very fast. Something will break or strip out on you.

Just as an example I bought a 1/14 monster truck that had a locked spur instead of a slipper clutch or center diff and the first time driving it I broke a diff outdrive off. Needless to say the first thing I did was put a slipper clutch in it.
20180820_205226.jpg

Its like a spool in a drag car, it's locked up and not made for everyday street use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back