Illinois Central Illinois -looking for bash spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in the northwest suburbs Barrington to be exact. Not sure how far that is from you but I have some property and a forest preserve that I bash at. There is also a bmx track in Elgin I go to every once in a while.

I’m in the northwest suburbs Barrington to be exact. Not sure how far that is from you but I have some property and a forest preserve that I bash at. There is also a bmx track in Elgin I go to every once in a while.
I got angrily kicked out of there a couple months ago... didn't even get to the track before people started yelling.

OP, what city are you in?

Yeah I have been ran off once but was in the clear a few other times. I try to go around this time of the year or on a week day if I happen to be working in the are.

Yeah I have been ran off once but was in the clear a few other times. I try to go around this time of the year or on a week day if I happen to be working in the are.
I found a public grass track in Yorkville... bit of a hike from Barrington. It's about 45 minutes for me to drive there from Dekalb, but over the summer I went every other weekend and only ran into kids once or twice. Even then, it was only 2 or 3 kids. Since it's grass, it's tough to pedal bike at, so they get tired quick and leave. :) Downside is, it drives up the temps of the trucks, so I gear accordingly. They did seem to keep it mowed pretty decent all summer. Was best in the spring and fall though when the grass wasn't growing so fast. I have many videos of me bashing there this year if you want to check it out and make the trek next spring, hit me up.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaXA2RWTAFo5s5wVPFdDE7IZmhoFPxIT5

Sounds like a plan. And like you said hope next spring is better than last.

Nope, just Morton. Pumpkin capital of the world.

DE2C00EC-93CD-42A5-B41F-7B7F534916F3.png

anyone bash out here?
Hey I’m in chicago area by lakeshore drive and I’m up for meet ups, races, etc
I found a public grass track in Yorkville... bit of a hike from Barrington. It's about 45 minutes for me to drive there from Dekalb, but over the summer I went every other weekend and only ran into kids once or twice. Even then, it was only 2 or 3 kids. Since it's grass, it's tough to pedal bike at, so they get tired quick and leave. :) Downside is, it drives up the temps of the trucks, so I gear accordingly. They did seem to keep it mowed pretty decent all summer. Was best in the spring and fall though when the grass wasn't growing so fast. I have many videos of me bashing there this year if you want to check it out and make the trek next spring, hit me up.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaXA2RWTAFo5s5wVPFdDE7IZmhoFPxIT5
Do you only go during spring or better yet would you go during this time of year?

Hey I’m in chicago area by lakeshore drive and I’m up for meet ups, races, etc

Do you only go during spring or better yet would you go during this time of year?
I would if there wasn't snow on the ground and it was above 40F. It's a lot of big air jumps, mixing big jumps with cold ends badly very quickly. Usually when it's cold, I just stick near home and find a snow pile in a parking lot somewhere to screw around on.

I would if there wasn't snow on the ground and it was above 40F. It's a lot of big air jumps, mixing big jumps with cold ends badly very quickly. Usually when it's cold, I just stick near home and find a snow pile in a parking lot somewhere to screw around on.
I'm near lakeshore I'm down to meet up and race bash or whatever I'm new to rc just got a kraton 4s

What forest persevere i go to busse woods by Woodfield mall in Schaumburg Elk Grove area but it's mostly open fields I'm looking for some hills or small jumps i haven't really jumped at all besides small wooden boards in my yard I'm by ohare airport in Des Plaines

I saw this post and went to find the exact location to tell you guys (because this please is/was awesome) and I think it was leveled.. please sign the petition..

http://chng.it/dczvSX2jNf

I saw this post and went to find the exact location to tell you guys (because this please is/was awesome) and I think it was leveled.. please sign the petition..

http://chng.it/dczvSX2jNf
This was a racetrack in the che che pinqua section of Schiller woods (Forest preserve) for the Chicago area. I live in Schaumburg, it's about a 15-20 minute ride for me. The place was pretty awesome. There's an rc airplane runway and was this racetrack and crawler course. It's a shame they demolished it.

I have been there a few times years ago didn’t know they demoed till now. Yes what a shame I don’t think we have any RC tracks around here anymore. I singed the petition maybe they will build it back. The sad financial state of affairs this state is in I highly doubt it. I’m always looking for somewhere new to bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back