Outcast centre diff screws keep coming out when driving outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc bench

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 6s
hi, I was just driving the outcast 6s and I soon realised that the centre diff screws came out. the spur and diff case is perfectly fine as well as the screws but I have had this going on for a few days. this is a big mystery. HELP!!!!.

it keeps coming out from where you screw the screws into the spur gear that go into the diff case

Got ya... if they are not stripped I would clean the threads and the holes real well and reinstall or just pick up a new case they are cheap.
Are you from the states?

it keeps coming out from where you screw the screws into the spur gear that go into the diff case
One last ditch effort you can try is cutting a piece of small zip tie to put into the hole in the cup to add more material for the screw to bite into. Make sure this piece is shorter than the screw length so it doesn’t get in the way of the spur closing fully. And if you want it to really hold, put a drop of CA glue in the hole first. Make sure the glue land inside the hole perfectly tho.

One last ditch effort you can try is cutting a piece of small zip tie to put into the hole in the cup to add more material for the screw to bite into. Make sure this piece is shorter than the screw length so it doesn’t get in the way of the spur closing fully. And if you want it to really hold, put a drop of CA glue in the hole first. Make sure the glue land inside the hole perfectly tho.
Fishing line has always been my in the field fix when screws wont stay put.

Yeah you would lol. Probably all sizes and colors to
Mostly black but probably six different sizes. Use the 8” the most. But I have up to 36” and down to 1”. Also have some with screw holes built in.

Probably got oil down in the diff cup screw holes when it was installed. Can try cleaning it out, but may be better off just getting a new cup and being careful to not get oil in the screw holes.

i actually ended up finding a tiny crack after looking even further. i might end up sticking with a plastic diff because they are cheap and can last for a while. i don't know what to do about getting parts cause of caronatime and no one has all the parts i need so I don't know if i should save up and get a new kraton, outcast or notorious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back