Limitless CF Geminus (double 1650kv/XLX2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cahnno

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey group

Had the stupid idea to build a double esc/motor limitless after seeing Raz's YT video months back.
20210302_090957.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-054145_Gallery.jpg

Parts list :
•2 xlx2
•2 1717
•CF chassis
•Double motor mount
•Toyota GT body
•CF wing
•CF wing mount
•Cf shock towers
•Cf steering top plate
Gonebananaz foams
•Joe diaz spool
•Titanium drive shafts
• PPS diff mount

After gathering some parts decided to start mocking them up .
Screenshot_20210308-054257_Gallery.jpg

First thing I noticed was how close the motor sits to the steering mechanism , it only has a few milimiters of space . It will definitely interfere with left turn movement.
Screenshot_20210308-054447_Gallery.jpg

The factory motor/spool mount worked better than the aftermarket mount because it's wider and gives a few milimiters more when flipping everything around with the motors facing towards the front .
Screenshot_20210308-054716_Gallery.jpg

Also, realized that the aftermarket sideskirts attach to the lip extending from the battery trays . Needless to say I got rid of all that when swapping to the cf chassis. Had to order a CF sheet to custom make side skirts .
Screenshot_20210308-055629_Gallery.jpg

Another snag I hit was when realized I needed a steering servo mount . Have seen a few designs but I'm open to suggestions.
screenshot_20210308-060101_gallery-jpg.130853

Screenshot_20210308-060118_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-054132_Gallery.jpg

My only experience with speed was with trying to get my Xmaxx to 80mph but only had it up to 73 before walking away from RC's for a couple of years. So pretty sure this is going to be a big fail at first but hopefully we can keep this thing on the ground and straight with the help from the forum .

Screenshot_20210308-060101_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
nice build!! keep me updated, do you have you YT channel i can watch?
Thanks!.... had one years ago when I had a hpi savage xl . Posted a few videos but never went back. Still have it but never thought about posting this there....seems like a lot of work lol

Last edited:
Trying out a jumbo servo mount from a kraken Vekta . Think I'm going to go with this mount for now but after grinding a few milimiters off from the legs to match the slight curve the chassis has .
Screenshot_20210311-143140_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210311-143124_Gallery.jpg

🤩candy orange with candy blue😍

Screenshot_20210313-111329_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-111137_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-111123_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-111049_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-110841_Gallery.jpg

Fabricated the side skirts (messed up one hole!😡) and installed most of the components on the chassis. Someone on FB told me to cross the wires , think I'm going to keep them like that. Still lots of soldering , wire cutting etc. left to do but that'll have to wait or the wife will 🔪🪓⚰ me 😂

Screenshot_20210313-110814_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-115840_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to finish this build but still waiting for smc to have True Spec Extreme Graphene V2 14.8V-6400mAh-150C Softcase batteries available.

Today I Got a red cat steering servo linkage from my local store installed to give the steering a few milimiters more of turning ratio and to make it stronger too . Drilled it out to a 4mm screw from the original 3mm.

Screenshot_20210314-171350_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210314-171407_Gallery.jpg

Replaced both esc's fans with 12v 50mm x 25mm fans and installed jr connectors .
Also , shortened the esc wires to a more manageable length.
Screenshot_20210314-171421_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-171434_Gallery.jpg

Finished the day installing the front and rear diff locks.
Screenshot_20210314-175316_eBay.jpg

Nice rig. Just a heads up. The XLX 2 BEC is only rated at 8.5V, that's not enough voltage for moving those fans. You need to use a dedicated battery or get the power from your main battery pack.
Thanks for the heads up!! I have a CC 20 Amp BEC which can be set up to 12.5v . Think I'll get a small 4s for the BEC and turn the output down from 14.8v to 12v .

Very nice build but I can’t help but think you’re throwing yourself in the deep end and you’ve never even swam before. Hope it goes well, but I don’t see the point of dual motor setups other than draining your wallet much faster. A single TP4050 / XLX2 makes more power than you can put down. At least that’s my experience so far and I’ve got to 137mph.

Very nice build but I can’t help but think you’re throwing yourself in the deep end and you’ve never even swam before. Hope it goes well, but I don’t see the point of dual motor setups other than draining your wallet much faster. A single TP4050 / XLX2 makes more power than you can put down. At least that’s my experience so far and I’ve got to 137mph.
You are 100% right It is a waiste! But I'm not chasing speed , I'm rather intrigued by the intricacies of building it . Most likely will loose interest once I'm done tinkering with it . I built a 6k$ kraken vekta with mgm/lehner combo on 15s and sold it right after .

You are 100% right It is a waiste! But I'm not chasing speed , I'm rather intrigued by the intricacies of building it . Most likely will loose interest once I'm done tinkering with it . I built a 6k$ kraken vekta with mgm/lehner combo on 15s and sold it right after .
LOL you sound just like me.
Nearly all of my builds that I put lots of work into I end up selling because I get so excited about the next build.

I'd be curious the value of a car like this with the popularity of Raz lately.
Just needs a Raz style body to finish it off ;)

bothCapture.JPG

I know I only loose money on builds and never make money :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Beautiful build, thanks for sharing it with us.
What sort of road/strip will you be running on?
My inlaws own a TBM 850 aircraft and have been trying to see if I can run it at the runway where the hangar is located. It's only about 8 mins from my house . It doesn't have a tower and there's no traffic near sunset . If I can't convince the owners because some FAA rules then I'd be looking at a stretch of highway 111 near by .

My inlaws own a TBM 850 aircraft and have been trying to see if I can run it at the runway where the hangar is located. It's only about 8 mins from my house . It doesn't have a tower and there's no traffic near sunset . If I can't convince the owners because some FAA rules then I'd be looking at a stretch of highway 111 near by .
That will be best if you can!

My new build is an airport runway only sort of car. In the build threads part of the forum we have some speed dedicated threads. There may be some topics there worth reading over related to car setup. I can tell you at speeds of 140+ you want to nearly lock the rear shocks with travel limiters.
(#1 cause of blow overs)

LOL you sound just like me.
Nearly all of my builds that I put lots of work into I end up selling because I get so excited about the next build.

I'd be curious the value of a car like this with the popularity of Raz lately.
Just needs a Raz style body to finish it off ;)

View attachment 132321

I know I only loose money on build and never make money :ROFLMAO:
I knew I couldn't be the only one! Dude , where do I go to get that body ? 😁
That will be best if you can!

My new build is an airport runway only sort of car. In the build threads part of the forum we have some speed dedicated threads. There may be some topics there worth reading over related to car setup. I can tell you at speeds of 140+ you want to nearly lock the rear shocks with travel limiters.
(#1 cause of blow overs)
Thanks for the info 👍 didn't know there were such thread . I do have all sorts of tubing for the particular purpose of locking/lower the shocks but didn't know it was the cause of blow overs....thank you!

Last edited:
I knew I couldn't be the only one! Dude , where do I go to get that body ? 😁

Check out my build thread link under my profile.
I wont be making any more bodies real soon (baby due #3 in about 9 weeks), but might be worth waiting for my new design shown in the last post in that build thread.

@jondilly1974 would it be a waste of money if I'd
Check out my build thread link under my profile.
I wont be making any more bodies real soon (baby due #3 in about 9 weeks), but might be worth waiting for my new design shown in the last post in that build thread.
I will check it out....congratulations on baby #3!!

TP motors make big power, pull way too many amp, are inefficient but are cheap so they’re worth it. A castle 1717-1650 KV would suit your setup. Sorry but I gotta speak my mind about TP motors….. drop a castle 1717 on yours and you’ll pass that 137mph mark like it was standing still. I’ll probably get a lot of hate from this but TP motors are made with cheap materials and cause your electronics (lipos, ESC and wallet) to wear out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back