Cfcsvt's Senton 3s N00b Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfcsvt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My first R/C in over 25 years and definitely won't be my last. This has been quite a quick addiction for me and I'm loving it all too much lol. This build will most likely become a street / dirt vehicle with minimal, if any, aerial work lol. I like the body so much that I as much as I was initially looking to make this a hybrid option of BRCC / Senton...it's not going to be. Tentative plan is to acquire an EXB Kraton at some point...we shall see. After about 6-10 packs through this truck, the stock ESC died on me. Took about a month to get my replacement from Arrma and fortunately, ended up with the brand new ESC in the v3 releases. I also mutilated a pinion gear trying to get the damn grub screw out, subsequently ruining my factory 3200kv, so I have a Surpass 3665 2900kv running in the vehicle now. Below are the list of stuff thus far as well as pictures. Hopefully the way I did this is ok...my first time doing something like this (this post)

ProLine '56 F100 Pro Street Touring Clear Body
Surpass 3665 2900kv
Arrma Adjustable Motor Mount (Pre-v3 Release, 1 Pull Tab instead of 2)
Arrma BLX100 ESC v3 Release (v4 Firmware)
2x HRB 5000mah 50C 11.1v LiPos
DumboRC x6FG Receiver / Transmitter
Amazon 25kg Servo (Currently factory Servo Saver and Arm)
Custom Screen Dust Cover w/ Velcro Fastenings
HR Aluminum Bellcrank
HR Aluminum Front C-Hubs
HR Aluminum Steering Blocks
HR Aluminum Front Lower Arms
HR Aluminum Rear Lower Arms
HR Aluminum Rear Hubs
HR Aluminum Pivot Balls
HR 26T Steel Pinion
Arrma 13/15 & 20T Pinions
HR 12mm Hex (forgot to take a pic of that)
Duratrax Six Pack ST C2s (12mm Hex w/ .5" offset)
Duratrax Bandito ST C2s (12mm Hex w/ .5" offset)

I believe that's it. I will have to post the remaining pictures in a reply to this post. Was initially looking for aluminum Tie Rod ends, but twice I've hit something (not at too high of speed) with a wheel and the tie rod end just pops off the pivot ball...super easy to fix and get back to fun. So I appreciate that as a weak point if you will.

Future Interests for this Vehicle:

Actually painting and protecting the clear body
40xx series motor for use with 26t for high speed playing (potentially 6s???)
Hobbystar 3670 3050kv for 20T ripping on 4-5s
Hobbywing Max10 SCT or Max 8, still undecided but researching
Potentially looking for a shorter shock to lower the vehicle down more, would like to see the wheels, ever so slighty, tuck while stationary...with the look of this body
Either Hoons and / or GRP Wheels and Tires for Street Bashing / Drifting
17mm Hex Adapters

Brand New BLX100 ESC Warranty Replacement.jpg

DumboRC x6FG Receiver and Transmitter.jpg

Custom Screen Dust Cover.jpg

56 F100 Pro Street Touring Body.jpg

HR Bellcrank Left.jpg

HR Front C-Hubs.jpg

HR Steering Blocks.jpg

HR Lower Fronts.jpg

HR Lower Rears.jpg

HR Rear Hubs.jpg

HR Pivot Balls.jpg

HR 26T Pinion.jpg

Arrma 13-15 and 20T Pinions.jpg

Arrma Adjustable Motor Mount.jpg

Duratrax Six Pack ST C2s.jpg

Here are the remaining pictures

Attachments

• Duratrax Bandito ST C2s.jpg
    Duratrax Bandito ST C2s.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 48
  • HR Replacements Front Left.jpg
    HR Replacements Front Left.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 39
  • HR Replacements Front Right.jpg
    HR Replacements Front Right.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Truck with the Six Pack ST C2s - Pre Aluminum.jpg
    Truck with the Six Pack ST C2s - Pre Aluminum.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 39
Thank you! At the moment, I don't really have any way to...I'll have to drag my wife along to have her record some lol.

Lol ya I usually have my kids grab my phone and record when I'm bashing, makes for some great commentary sometimes too LMAO ?

My first R/C in over 25 years and definitely won't be my last. This has been quite a quick addiction for me and I'm loving it all too much lol. This build will most likely become a street / dirt vehicle with minimal, if any, aerial work lol. I like the body so much that I as much as I was initially looking to make this a hybrid option of BRCC / Senton...it's not going to be. Tentative plan is to acquire an EXB Kraton at some point...we shall see. After about 6-10 packs through this truck, the stock ESC died on me. Took about a month to get my replacement from Arrma and fortunately, ended up with the brand new ESC in the v3 releases. I also mutilated a pinion gear trying to get the damn grub screw out, subsequently ruining my factory 3200kv, so I have a Surpass 3665 2900kv running in the vehicle now. Below are the list of stuff thus far as well as pictures. Hopefully the way I did this is ok...my first time doing something like this (this post)

ProLine '56 F100 Pro Street Touring Clear Body
Surpass 3665 2900kv
Arrma Adjustable Motor Mount (Pre-v3 Release, 1 Pull Tab instead of 2)
Arrma BLX100 ESC v3 Release (v4 Firmware)
2x HRB 5000mah 50C 11.1v LiPos
DumboRC x6FG Receiver / Transmitter
Amazon 25kg Servo (Currently factory Servo Saver and Arm)
Custom Screen Dust Cover w/ Velcro Fastenings
HR Aluminum Bellcrank
HR Aluminum Front C-Hubs
HR Aluminum Steering Blocks
HR Aluminum Front Lower Arms
HR Aluminum Rear Lower Arms
HR Aluminum Rear Hubs
HR Aluminum Pivot Balls
HR 26T Steel Pinion
Arrma 13/15 & 20T Pinions
HR 12mm Hex (forgot to take a pic of that)
Duratrax Six Pack ST C2s (12mm Hex w/ .5" offset)
Duratrax Bandito ST C2s (12mm Hex w/ .5" offset)

I believe that's it. I will have to post the remaining pictures in a reply to this post. Was initially looking for aluminum Tie Rod ends, but twice I've hit something (not at too high of speed) with a wheel and the tie rod end just pops off the pivot ball...super easy to fix and get back to fun. So I appreciate that as a weak point if you will.

Future Interests for this Vehicle:

Actually painting and protecting the clear body
40xx series motor for use with 26t for high speed playing (potentially 6s???)
Hobbystar 3670 3050kv for 20T ripping on 4-5s
Hobbywing Max10 SCT or Max 8, still undecided but researching
Potentially looking for a shorter shock to lower the vehicle down more, would like to see the wheels, ever so slighty, tuck while stationary...with the look of this body
Either Hoons and / or GRP Wheels and Tires for Street Bashing / Drifting
17mm Hex Adapters

View attachment 94942

View attachment 94943

View attachment 94944

View attachment 94945

View attachment 94948

View attachment 94949

View attachment 94950

View attachment 94951

View attachment 94953

View attachment 94954

View attachment 94955

View attachment 94956

View attachment 94957

View attachment 94961

View attachment 94965
Here are the remaining pictures
I only have a three-letter response.
WOW

I get most of it... but that's a lot of aluminum. Aren't the aluminum arms and hubs heavier? I'm sure they are stiffer. Are you going with aluminum for looks?

Actually, seeing as how once I got the body, I changed my mentality from aerial bashing to street bashing / drifting and this truck handles soooo well now. Yes, it did increase the weight some...I don't know how much exactly. I think it's speed has dropped a small amount, but even in rough dusty dirt and low grass...it rips and has nice controllable oversteer using the street tread Banditos. The weight is also why I am going to look towards playing with 4-6s...for high speed runs...when it was all plastic...I hard a very hard time using 100% power at full throttle...the car would either spin all 4 and dart left/right or it would literally "lift off" like a damn shuttle and flip backwards on it's lid and slide down the road 40ft lol. As for the looks...just an added bonus ;) lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back