Change hub hexs to 17mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtnasty92

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So thought about changing my senton blx 3s wheel hexs from 14mm to 17mm then putting on the senton 6s tires and rims probably alot stronger tire's cause for 6s right just my thought how about some opinions

I used these cheap hexes from Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Adapters...s-17mm-Hex-Hub-6mm-Bore-FSEN-NXT/182971107385

They have a bit of play, but not enough to bother me.

My Granite with 1/8 buggy wheels -
20180419_051314.jpg

I seen these but wasn't for sure how well the fit good to know now gonna order me a pair

hey just some food for thought any one wanting to convert to 17mm hex....the new typhon blx 3s 1/8th scale buggy is based on the senton blx3s chasis and is running 17mm hexes. according to the parts listing there just using diffrent axles stub shafts (which hole for pin is drilled in diffrent spot to fit the hubs) and 17mm hex hubs.this means we can all run 17mm on all of our mega series 4x4s!!! with no pricey adaptors or any extensive wear and tear on hub bearings

I noticed that but didn't think about the similarity except the electronics as my senton 3s didn't think about the

Also, the 3s Typhon was just announced, so it may be February before we actually see those parts in stock at a store. The Ebay hexes you can buy now. There are also other options from Traxxas, Tekno, and others, but I don't have handy links for those... :)

Youtube JayTeeRC recently did a vid where he put some Traxxas 17mm hexes on his 3s Senton. Those have threaded cross pins, which would be nice. That is one thing I don't like about my Ebay hexes - you take the wheel off, and the pins fall out.

Found that looks pretty nice actually but I was gonna put the senton 6s tires on

Maybe these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-213348.png
    Screenshot_20181211-213348.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 114
Maybe these
Yeah, he specified the part number, it's the 5353X.

Jerry, i tried the ebay ones i think you mentioned (that support two widths of pins, and comes with the wrong one..) and i really didnt like the amount of play.. it put me off, so i'm waiting for the Typhon ones, although if i know for sure teh Traxxas ones don't have any play, i might re consider

took jerrys advice and swappws my mx28 12mm hex wheels for the 17mm version then picked up the traxxas 17mm adapters (in red) and works beautifuly!!!! heres a few pics of my granite and of the power system

Attachments

• 4x4.JPG
    4x4.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 4x41.JPG
    4x41.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 4x42.JPG
    4x42.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 106
  • dusty2.JPG
    dusty2.JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 104
what do u guys think about the bigrock im building? building it with stainless screws of course

Attachments

• brock.JPG
    brock.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 69
  • brock2.JPG
    brock2.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 65
took jerrys advice and swappws my mx28 12mm hex wheels for the 17mm version then picked up the traxxas 17mm adapters (in red) and works beautifuly!!!! heres a few pics of my granite and of the power system

Damn man! That granite looks killer with hem mx28! That’s exactly how I want to set my sons up. I’m goin with the hot racing hex adapters. Will give a report on play and slop

Also, the 3s Typhon was just announced, so it may be February before we actually see those parts in stock at a store. The Ebay hexes you can buy now. There are also other options from Traxxas, Tekno, and others, but I don't have handy links for those... :)

Youtube JayTeeRC recently did a vid where he put some Traxxas 17mm hexes on his 3s Senton. Those have threaded cross pins, which would be nice. That is one thing I don't like about my Ebay hexes - you take the wheel off, and the pins fall out.
You could always put a small drop of thread lock on the pins, might make them a little difficult to get out though.

Thats good news ? Do i need something else like to fit proline mx28 on my granite 4x4 blx? i saw that you need wheel hub adapter 12mm on inside and than you fit on this traxxas 17mm adapters.

yeah i just took off the stock 14mm hub and pin, put the traxxas 17mm hub on with the grub screw that threaded into hub that went through the axle pin hole no slop fits perfect . i ran my granite for the first time today with the mx28s and man its amazing. super smooth and powerful

Do you have a picture of how the hexes attach?
yes i will get them uploaded to my computer, basicly you take the 14mm hubs and axles pins out and slide the hubs over the axles and attach them with the included grub screw from traxxas hubs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back