Change my mind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I use brave when I am on my PC. I do 90% of my web activity on my mobile phone. I like the ease of apps on mobile. Also I download videos for kids on the go plus comes with YT Music. I don’t mind paying for a service I use everyday.
same. i did the yt premium to avoid ads for ages, and just upgraded my google drive space, and obv pay for tv streamers. I work for a software company, so if I like software or streamer/subscription, I just pay for it generally.
So this isn’t going to be the most popular side, but I have an apple phone. I have grown up with apple so I just like it better. If I had gotten a android, hey maybe my opinion would be different. But as for PC’s I hate the IOS. I will pay more for a windows computer then an apple one and that is because you can do a lot more with Windows. There are a lot more applications that work with windows and I feel that it runs better. I have never owned a traxxas, but I have driven them. i would say that they are probably the best for beginner; like apple (ish), but as you get more advanced I would say Arrma is the way to go. if I want to change somethings around then I have the ab to do so. Like what windows OS can do. I feel that traxxas are hard to upgrade an repair, at least for some parts.
I have 7 traxxas cars, they are not hard to repair or upgrade.... that being said, I just got an infraction today and I am hooked, This winter and next spring/summer is going to be very expensive for me and very good for the board at arrma.

same. i did the yt premium to avoid ads for ages, and just upgraded my google drive space, and obv pay for tv streamers. I work for a software company, so if I like software or streamer/subscription, I just pay for it generally.

I have 7 traxxas cars, they are not hard to repair or upgrade.... that being said, I just got an infraction today and I am hooked, This winter and next spring/summer is going to be very expensive for me and very good for the board at arrma.
Hmm i must of been mistaken, or maybe it was an older car. Nice to know, i may need to pick one up

I’ve actually made this comparison in the past, but not quite as harshly lol. I use an iPhone, and I actually own an Xmaxx and a Maxx, but I’m hardly a fanboy. The products from both companies are of fine quality, although they are priced a bit higher than they should be. I call it the traxxas tax/Apple tax.

I’ve actually made this comparison in the past, but not quite as harshly lol. I use an iPhone, and I actually own an Xmaxx and a Maxx, but I’m hardly a fanboy. The products from both companies are of fine quality, although they are priced a bit higher than they should be. I call it the traxxas tax/Apple tax.
I am taking advantage of the end-of-summer sales. I bought a drag slash for 300 and liked it so much i bought 2 more for 500. then horizon did the sale and i got an infraction, now I just put a vendetta in my cart. someone help

So this isn’t going to be the most popular side, but I have an apple phone. I have grown up with apple so I just like it better. If I had gotten a android, hey maybe my opinion would be different. But as for PC’s I hate the IOS. I will pay more for a windows computer then an apple one and that is because you can do a lot more with Windows. There are a lot more applications that work with windows and I feel that it runs better. I have never owned a traxxas, but I have driven them. i would say that they are probably the best for beginner; like apple (ish), but as you get more advanced I would say Arrma is the way to go. if I want to change somethings around then I have the ab to do so. Like what windows OS can do. I feel that traxxas are hard to upgrade an repair, at least for some parts.
At the current prices of Apple hardware (particularly their tower) you'd be really hard pressed to actually do that. :)
yeah I use brave when I am on my PC. I do 90% of my web activity on my mobile phone. I like the ease of apps on mobile. Also I download videos for kids on the go plus comes with YT Music. I don’t mind paying for a service I use everyday.
I switched over to Brave two weeks ago and I've been digging it so far. It seems to have some similar memory leak issues as Chrome does (which isn't surprising as they share a lot of code) but for the most part it does what it should. I like the integrated Tor capabilities.

While I understand what makes mobile devices attractive, I hate the effect they've had on society so I opted out 3 or 4 years ago. Is an old Nokia 6131 flip phone similar to leprosy? Yes. But I didn't have any friends to begin with so...no big loss :)

At the current prices of Apple hardware (particularly their tower) you'd be really hard pressed to actually do that. :)

I switched over to Brave two weeks ago and I've been digging it so far. It seems to have some similar memory leak issues as Chrome does (which isn't surprising as they share a lot of code) but for the most part it does what it should. I like the integrated Tor capabilities.

While I understand what makes mobile devices attractive, I hate the effect they've had on society so I opted out 3 or 4 years ago. Is an old Nokia 6131 flip phone similar to leprosy? Yes. But I didn't have any friends to begin with so...no big loss :)

I have always remembered Apple computers costing a significant amount more than a comparable pc did.

I have always remembered Apple computers costing a significant amount more than a comparable pc did.
I'd really have to reach deep to put together a $60k PC. Apple makes it possible with just a few clicks :LOL:

I am taking advantage of the end-of-summer sales. I bought a drag slash for 300 and liked it so much i bought 2 more for 500. then horizon did the sale and i got an infraction, now I just put a vendetta in my cart. someone help
I got your back buddy. Sounds like you need more space. DM me and I will send you my address so you can have the new stuff shipped right to me. Problem solved😁😁

I feel ya. Raising two boys (2 and 4) and I don't want them to get hooked on technology like I saw so many other kids do when I worked in the wireless industry. Crazy to watch my 4 year old navigate the iPad and Nvidia Shield remote like he was born with the knowledge. Part of me wants to pull the Andrew Luck card and just stick to the flip phone and then just have a small tablet when I need the internet. Life is easier when you have less notification / distractions.

I feel ya. Raising two boys (2 and 4) and I don't want them to get hooked on technology like I saw so many other kids do when I worked in the wireless industry. Crazy to watch my 4 year old navigate the iPad and Nvidia Shield remote like he was born with the knowledge. Part of me wants to pull the Andrew Luck card and just stick to the flip phone and then just have a small tablet when I need the internet. Life is easier when you have less notification / distractions.
Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerdroid and all these tech giants don't give their children (even in their teens) any of the products that they produce or make apps for which brings up the question...why? If they're so awesome and enrich our lives, as they would have us believe, why wouldn't they? It's almost as if they knew they were designed to be addictive and make us dependent on them and they want that for everyone except their own children. I've come to conclusion that smartphones, tablets, etc. should be age restricted like smoking and alcohol. 18 and up or something like that. They wreck the self esteem of young girls, they exacerbate body dysphoria with things like Instagram filters and teach children to live a vicarious life through the glass panel they carry in their back pocket (in those brief moments when it's not in their hands).

Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but I've really grown to loathe these things. Don't get it twisted. They're not all bad. I see their benefits, but I don't see people being able to moderate their use and in sum I feel like they've done more damage to human relations than they have helped us find the way to the next Starbucks. I don't like the idea of being lost in the world if cell phone service goes down. I like knowing the 10 most important telephone numbers in my life by heart. I want to view events through my own eyes and not through the mediator of a screen so that I have actual memories of them and don't need Google to remind me every 12 months of what I was doing last year. But that's just me. YMMV :)

Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerdroid and all these tech giants don't give their children (even in their teens) any of the products that they produce or make apps for which brings up the question...why? If they're so awesome and enrich our lives, as they would have us believe, why wouldn't they? It's almost as if they knew they were designed to be addictive and make us dependent on them and they want that for everyone except their own children. I've come to conclusion that smartphones, tablets, etc. should be age restricted like smoking and alcohol. 18 and up or something like that. They wreck the self esteem of young girls, they exacerbate body dysphoria with things like Instagram filters and teach children to live a vicarious life through the glass panel they carry in their back pocket (in those brief moments when it's not in their hands).

Sorry for being a negative Nancy, but I've really grown to loathe these things. Don't get it twisted. They're not all bad. I see their benefits, but I don't see people being able to moderate their use and in sum I feel like they've done more damage to human relations than they have helped us find the way to the next Starbucks. I don't like the idea of being lost in the world if cell phone service goes down. I like knowing the 10 most important telephone numbers in my life by heart. I want to view events through my own eyes and not through the mediator of a screen so that I have actual memories of them and don't need Google to remind me every 12 months of what I was doing last year. But that's just me. YMMV :)
100% agree. I'm not gonna lie I use the TV and Tablet as a crutch when I don't want to be a parent anymore or just need a break. One of my life motto's is everything in moderation. To much of anything is not a good thing. Unless were talking about money. I would like to have that problem. My life goal is to be a Philanthropist. :)

Side note: One of the best teaching examples for children I think is to live outside your bubble. I lived in Greece for 4 months and spent time in Mexico helping out down there. It really puts perspective on what you have in life and what you truly value. I hope in the future I can show my children the same thing.

Apple and Traxxas have both figured out marketing and ecosystem lock in, but Apple at least makes hardware and software that can compete with high end alternatives, albeit with no mind for modularity or repairability. As much as I dislike the company and haven't owned one of their products in years, I grudgingly concede that the build quality and polished experience of an iPhone or Macbook is to the consumer electronics market what Mugen or Xray is to the R/C market. Traxxas OTOH is arguably below average wrt design, materials and performance. A cheap RTR brand that builds to a low price point and then charges a near premium price.

So for me, the comparison is an obvious one and there are many similarities, but it only partially holds up. A Traxxas car is like a $300 Best Buy special laptop sold for the price of a Macbook, with poopy, proprietary MacOS, iCloud and Lightning port knockoffs intended to entice you to buy their iPhone priced budget phone that integrates with all the junk software and hardware on the laptop.

Unless ur government hands you free money.
There is no such thing as being given anything free from the government, it is all just them over charging you for taxes and giving you a fraction back.
They simply make the best engineered products and it isn’t close.
Have you seen the new LTT videos on the new apple laptops. They are hot garbage (the hot because they don't use fans)
I can buy a desktop with mid range cpu, gpu, and mobo (+32gb ram) for the same price as a 8gb ram poor quality apple product. Don't even get me started on my rant about the MacOS (Even linux is better).

I hate y'all. I am gone for 2 days and you give me 25 notifications...

Traxxas is to rc what apple is to electronics. Change my mind. Traxxas is over-priced, has a bunch of fanboys, much of their stuff isn't very good, and the have wayyyy too much of the market share. Apple is the same.

Hummm.
I started building computers in 1989. Ive built over a hundred and worked on more. Much of it as a Hobby Nut and the rest professionally.

Apple is 110% Quality! Not just in manufacturing but in Design! SO MUCH BETTER than anything else commercial.
NOT overpriced at all, thats what quality cost!

You may not like their higher prices but don't think for a minute its not worth it. You get what you pay for in life most of the time.

I HATED Apple with every bit of my being for many years. I was a MS, Intel and AMD FAN BOI! Apple represented the Dark Side to me.
But, but, but... Apple is the best and I embraced them. I learned how to build Hackintoshes and such but as many as I have built, a stock Apple Computer is better - always. But I can get close but Not on the cheap.

In Professional Audio and Video production, Apple is always preferred because they actually Sound better! Im an Audiophile Nut and ive tried all different machines for Digital delivery and no matter how much money I throw at a rig a Mac Mini always sounds better. I gave up and use a Mini.

Spectrum Electronics don't appear to be all that good. Not any different that what Traxxas is using. Its all teh same cheap made crap with a high markup.

Hummm.
I started building computers in 1989. Ive built over a hundred and worked on more. Much of it as a Hobby Nut and the rest professionally.

Apple is 110% Quality! Not just in manufacturing but in Design! SO MUCH BETTER than anything else commercial.
NOT overpriced at all, thats what quality cost!

You may not like their higher prices but don't think for a minute its not worth it. You get what you pay for in life most of the time.

I HATED Apple with every bit of my being for many years. I was a MS, Intel and AMD FAN BOI! Apple represented the Dark Side to me.
But, but, but... Apple is the best and I embraced them. I learned how to build Hackintoshes and such but as many as I have built, a stock Apple Computer is better - always. But I can get close but Not on the cheap.

In Professional Audio and Video production, Apple is always preferred because they actually Sound better! Im an Audiophile Nut and ive tried all different machines for Digital delivery and no matter how much money I throw at a rig a Mac Mini always sounds better. I gave up and use a Mini.

Spectrum Electronics don't appear to be all that good. Not any different that what Traxxas is using. Its all teh same cheap made crap with a high markup.

My experience with Apple has been nothing but disappointment I've given them far too many chances to change my mind.

Traxxas is to rc what apple is to electronics. Change my mind. Traxxas is over-priced, has a bunch of fanboys, much of their stuff isn't very good, and the have wayyyy too much of the market share. Apple is the same.
Isn’t even worth talking about it here.

Apple has arguably been the primary player driving the trend toward designing and building electronics with no field replaceable parts and making it as hard as possible for third party shops to do repairs. This to me negates much of whatever advantage they have in overall design and build quality, which I think is overstated and no longer significant in comparison to other companies targeting the high end market. Unfortunately those companies have largely followed Apple's unrepairability mantra and turned most consumer electronics into disposable, glorified appliances. Their advantages over Apple are also no longer very significant. Everything is an interchangeable sea of bland devices for media consumption, photo taking and food ordering. At least one can still build a desktop PC - which is easier than ever and essentially a Lego project - or buy a high end workstation laptop with some of the old school design DNA for engineering work and such.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back