Change my mind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my cheap Motorola phone which I flashed with a third party ROM to get rid of Google services and turn it into an enhanced dumbphone. For reasons already discussed in this thread I'm not a fan of the psychological and sociological impact of smartphones, but I do like a few of the things they can do (secure messaging, maps, music, calculator, taking quick photos of my R/C cars to share here, browsing hobby shop websites while sitting in the drive thru lineup waiting for my coffee) and am not ready to forsake them entirely. Social media is certainly a plague and I deliberately made my phone incapable of running most of those apps.

There is no such thing as being given anything free from the government, it is all just them over charging you for taxes and giving you a fraction back.

Have you seen the new LTT videos on the new apple laptops. They are hot garbage (the hot because they don't use fans)

I can buy a desktop with mid range cpu, gpu, and mobo (+32gb ram) for the same price as a 8gb ram poor quality apple product. Don't even get me started on my rant about the MacOS (Even linux is better).

I hate y'all. I am gone for 2 days and you give me 25 notifications...
Ik thats why i said that 500$ ima trow it in the fire

The only thing apple does best is the cellphone. I have an rgb tank for a desktop that I spent less than $2k on and it out-preforms the $3.5k apple desktop.
Depends what you're doing with it. Outperforms it what terms? Running Games on Windows 11?
Im Not talking abotu that. My hacks duel boot to Windows for Games. Although I really don't have too much anymore.
Professional Apps and Integrated Office Systems. Apple Shines in my worlds.

Spektrum? Not so much.

Im about to see if my 150 ESC burns brightly. 23 pinion installed. Rain is Coming! :cool:

Apple has arguably been the primary player driving the trend toward designing and building electronics with no field replaceable parts and making it as hard as possible for third party shops to do repairs. This to me negates much of whatever advantage they have in overall design and build quality, which I think is overstated and no longer significant in comparison to other companies targeting the high end market. Unfortunately those companies have largely followed Apple's unrepairability mantra and turned most consumer electronics into disposable, glorified appliances. Their advantages over Apple are also no longer very significant. Everything is an interchangeable sea of bland devices for media consumption, photo taking and food ordering. At least one can still build a desktop PC - which is easier than ever and essentially a Lego project - or buy a high end workstation laptop with some of the old school design DNA for engineering work and such.
This is becoming a problem everywhere. Companies don't want to just sell you a product. They want you to buy a product plus dependency on them. Instead of making things the absolute best, they make them good enough and spend a lot of R&D money figuring out ways to make sure its a major PITA to make changes without them benefitting financially from any changes. Its pretty much the primary business model for a lot of the biggest companies out there.
On top of that, things become obsolete much faster now. New wiring harnesses, different ports, removal of ports altogether, etc. Not much is backwards compatible so when they change, everyone gets to throw away perfectly good accessories because they don't work.
I think all of this was happening well before Apple. Check out Vance Packard's book from 1960 called "The Waste Makers" talking about companies doing what Apple is doing with purposely shortening the lifespan of products to drive sales. Apple essentially turbocharged the idea successfully.

This is becoming a problem everywhere. Companies don't want to just sell you a product. They want you to buy a product plus dependency on them. Instead of making things the absolute best, they make them good enough and spend a lot of R&D money figuring out ways to make sure its a major PITA to make changes without them benefitting financially from any changes. Its pretty much the primary business model for a lot of the biggest companies out there.
On top of that, things become obsolete much faster now. New wiring harnesses, different ports, removal of ports altogether, etc. Not much is backwards compatible so when they change, everyone gets to throw away perfectly good accessories because they don't work.
I think all of this was happening well before Apple. Check out Vance Packard's book from 1960 called "The Waste Makers" talking about companies doing what Apple is doing with purposely shortening the lifespan of products to drive sales. Apple essentially turbocharged the idea successfully.
You mean like how every Apple product slows down with each successive iOS release? :) Planned obsolescence.

Traxxass is the Microsoft or Google of the RC industry IMO. Apple is the polar opposite politically. Nothing about Traxxass is woke or progressive. Apple may be a Goliath in the tech world, but they aren’t as litigious or predatory as Traxxass. They simply make the best engineered products and it isn’t close. They are front runners on innovations. They wait to release well baked ideas. As the leader they don’t need to take the risks that the little guys need to.
As I said in the first post, there are fanboys. Judging by that post YOU are a fanboy.

And when people are mad their excuse is save da planet. Yeah by makng sinle use items. Apple can fix ur broken ihone they have the parts but they prefer you to exchange it for a new one because its more profitable and that iphone goes to the garbage. There was a recycling company who got sed by apple because they were saving iphones from te trash. Something good for everyone nope sued to oblivion idk if they still around

Well, I have to say used to be an Apple owner - Android for last 6 years, but my next one might just be an Apple again.

So since my first in RC started around 3 decades ago including Losi, Kyosho, Losi, thunder tiger, Hpi, Axial etc (probably just like most on here), I have to say Traxxas is my favourite.

Got my first Arrma a few months ago and I have to say even with my XMaxx being almost all plastic I rate the finish and tolerances of it. I used to be a die-caster and ran CNC machines - my adjacent dept was injection plastic / composite moldings. I don't think others including Arrma are as good in terms of fit and finish and quality of materials.

And you know, I REALLY like the familiarity of models that stay current for year's, incremental improvements if required is fine by me. I've had a hankering to get a Bandit for ages - how old is the majority of that design - 30 years +? Buying rc cars and heli's that become obsolete and discontinued within a year or two just straight up gets on my tits.

There is no such thing as being given anything free from the government, it is all just them over charging you for taxes and giving you a fraction back.

Have you seen the new LTT videos on the new apple laptops. They are hot garbage (the hot because they don't use fans)

I can buy a desktop with mid range cpu, gpu, and mobo (+32gb ram) for the same price as a 8gb ram poor quality apple product. Don't even get me started on my rant about the MacOS (Even linux is better).

I hate y'all. I am gone for 2 days and you give me 25 notifications...
I would agree their latest laptops, as well as their history of desktops and servers, are not that great. I was speaking more about their mobile devices and their history of making handheld devices super easy to use and generally very reliable. Not to say they’re perfect by any means, but best in class IMO. As far as Macs, I’ve never owned one. I’ve had to support many of them and it’s always a hassle.
As I said in the first post, there are fanboys. Judging by that post YOU are a fanboy.
Says the guy with “fanboy” in his name. Priceless.

I would agree their latest laptops, as well as their history of desktops and servers, are not that great. I was speaking more about their mobile devices and their history of making handheld devices super easy to use and generally very reliable. Not to say they’re perfect by any means, but best in class IMO. As far as Macs, I’ve never owned one. I’ve had to support many of them and it’s always a hassle.

Says the guy with “fanboy” in his name. Priceless.
irony GIF

I grabbed a vendetta as well before the sale ended, it was too hard to pass up for $290. Now I am done, until I buy/build more shelving in the basement this winter for more cars next spring. :p
That didn't last long,... I can't pass up the sale on the Outcast 6s EXB RTR.

Traxxas is to rc what apple is to electronics. Change my mind. Traxxas is over-priced, has a bunch of fanboys, much of their stuff isn't very good, and the have wayyyy too much of the market share. Apple is the same.
Oh damn ..don't dare say anything bad about Traxxas on here.lol people on here will attack you lol.ik I've been hit with 😡 faces so I hit them back with🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣suck it traxx asssss

Are you defending traxxas of attacking it?
It's a joke wtf..on here we can't say anything bad about Traxxas or we get hit hard ..is what I'm saying ..hahahah
It's a joke wtf..on here we can't say anything bad about Traxxas or we get hit hard ..is what I'm saying ..hahahah
Here we go again

Here we go again
Arrmafanboy you need to change your tag name and make it Traxxsas fan boy🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here we go again

Here we go again

Seems like when someone even mentions Traxxas you jump quick to defend

on here we can't say anything bad about Traxxas or we get hit hard
Did you read my first post on this thread? I was insulting most of the traxxas brand (and apple). I was being serious
I can't, I don't have premium.

Did you read my first post on this thread? I was insulting most of the traxxas brand (and apple). I was being serious

I can't, I don't have premium.
Good job arrma fan boy..hit them hard ..glad your here and not on the dark lonely Traxxas side👍👍😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back