Big Rock Changed the diff. Making sure I did it right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbusta50

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 6s
So I had to change both front and rear diff cases and input gears. I used 10k fluid for both. And well greased outside. Once all back together noticed it didn’t rotate as freely as original. Shimmed in the right place also. Just seemed a little more clicky if that Makes sense. Took it for a spin on the street. Everything seems good. Am I over thinking it?

So I had to change both front and rear diff cases and input gears. I used 10k fluid for both. And well greased outside. Once all back together noticed it didn’t rotate as freely as original. Shimmed in the right place also. Just seemed a little more clicky if that Makes sense. Took it for a spin on the street. Everything seems good. Am I over thinking it?

My experience with it being too tight when the two screws are too tight that holds the diff housing (the part with the input gear) together. If I make it too tight it catches this is me spinning it before putting it back in. I've learned to tighten it where it is snug with a little catch but loose enough to spin freely.

I am not pro at this and it might loosen as stated already but what concerned me it was not catchy with I did the diff fluid change and turned it in my hand before heading apart. I had the same results on my new BRCC that I never ran just checking the fluid. It spun well not catch but if I overtighten after putting it back was catchy so I had to find the sweet spot.

My $0.02 if could be just me....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back