Changes made to my outcast 4s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a hobby

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
45wt oil in the front improved jumping and handling. 40mm fan on esc is working great. And going from a 2600kv 42/68 to a 2000kv 40/74 and 18th pinion should of been done long time ago. With the heatsink and 40mm fan and thermal pad. The thermal pad stayed stuck to the heatsink making reusing simple. Heatsink actually gets within a few degrees of the motor anywhere you check it with a temp gun never got that hot before the thermal pad. Same on my big rock motor stays nice and cool. 12 volts to the 40mm fan,
20240604_201631.jpg
same as on my outcast.

45wt oil in the front improved jumping and handling. 40mm fan on esc is working great. And going from a 2600kv 42/68 to a 2000kv 40/74 and 18th pinion should of been done long time ago. With the heatsink and 40mm fan and thermal pad. The thermal pad stayed stuck to the heatsink making reusing simple. Heatsink actually gets within a few degrees of the motor anywhere you check it with a temp gun never got that hot before the thermal pad. Same on my big rock motor stays nice and cool. 12 volts to the 40mm fan,View attachment 372026 same as on my outcast.
I have a v2 also, have heat issues too. What is the thermal pad and where do you put it?

I have a v2 also, have heat issues too. What is the thermal pad and where do you put it?
You put the thermal pad under the motor heatsink. The .05mm pad works the best. Artic thermal pads
ARCTIC TP-3: Premium Performance Thermal Pad, 100 x 100 x 0.5 mm (1 Piece) - High Performance, Particularly Soft, Ideal Gap Filler, Bridging Gaps, Thermal Pads gpu, Thermal pad CPU https://a.co/d/iozWsn5

Back