Typhon Changing between 6s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello! I want to use 4s batteries in my 6s typhon, it has the stock spektrum esc. Is there a setting i need to change before that or can i just plug in the 4s batteries and it will be fine?

Hello! I want to use 4s batteries in my 6s typhon, it has the stock spektrum esc. Is there a setting i need to change before that or can i just plug in the 4s batteries and it will be fine?
6s runs fine on 4s so you’re all good. No setting adjustment etc needed just plug it in.

It’ll be slower, but it’s also the lightest of the 6s line so it should still haul
That's right, hopefully it won't be too slow. I just have some old 4s batteries laying around and i thought i would put them to use.

Send it!!

200w (2).gif

That's right, hopefully it won't be too slow. I just have some old 4s batteries laying around and i thought i would put them to use.

My Man @Velodromed is correct above it will NOT be a 6S, but it can be FAST. I have a Typhon TLR that I only run as 4S never ran it at 6S. My pal has a Typhon 6S v5 and runs it at 6S. We bash on his farm track, and we run neck and neck. We do have turns and thinks to go around some challenges. Yes in a straight-out football field run, his 6S will win more lipos.

Not the case here. Why I have geared that way and run mine, It's the low/middle-end speed and less weight that always us to have an even dog fight.

His v5 has the same 2050 motor and stock ESC and stock pinion. Mine is below:

ESC: HW Max8
Motor: Arrma BLX4074 2050Kv (stock 2050 Arrma motor)
Pinion: 21T
Diffs: 20/20/10k
Shocks: 1000cst (80wt)
No heat issues

Punch 3 where 5 is max all on 4S China Hobby battery 120C. Love it and never will change it.

Go for it and enjoy!!! and Welcome to the board!

1678836696259.png
1678836744986.png

Last edited:
Pinion change takes 5 minutes, gear up!

My Man @Velodromed is correct above it will NOT be a 6S, but it can be FAST. I have a Typhon TLR that I only run as 4S never ran it at 6S. My pal has a Typhon 6S v5 and runs it at 6S. We bash on his farm track, and we run neck and neck. We do have turns and thinks to go around some challenges. Yes in a straight-out football field run, his 6S will win more lipos.

Not the case here. Why I have geared that way and run mine, It's the low/middle-end speed and less weight that always us to have an even dog fight.

His v5 has the same 2050 motor and stock ESC and stock pinion. Mine is below:

ESC: HW Max8
Motor: Arrma BLX4074 2050Kv (stock 2050 Arrma motor)
Pinion: 21T
Diffs: 20/20/10k
Shocks: 1000cst (80wt)
No heat issues

Punch 3 where 5 is max all on 4S China Hobby battery 120C. Love it and never will change it.

Go for it and enjoy!!! and Welcome to the board!

View attachment 285410View attachment 285411
Looking good! I was actually wondering about the diff and shock oils aswell. I will try that setup and see how it feels

Looking good! I was actually wondering about the diff and shock oils aswell. I will try that setup and see how it feels
Thanks

I feel if you ask, you are going to get much higher weights. I messaged every YT'er with a TLR and was bashing it in the dirt, bike tracks, etc., places I would go, and how I would drive it including the popular YT guys. All stayed within that range with some variations but with those windows.

I know it is a track RC, but I bash it, and I do not send it nor need crazy air control...not killing it, but I push the hell out of it bashing..yes she flips and crashes when I mess up, but she keeps running. The balance works for me, so do research and play around with fluids. We all bash differently.

Thanks

I feel if you ask, you are going to get much higher weights. I messaged every YT'er with a TLR and was bashing it in the dirt, bike tracks, etc., places I would go, and how I would drive it including the popular YT guys. All stayed within that range with some variations but with those windows.

I know it is a track RC, but I bash it, and I do not send it nor need crazy air control...not killing it, but I push the hell out of it bashing..yes she flips and crashes when I mess up, but she keeps running. The balance works for me, so do research and play around with fluids. We all bash differently.
Finding the right weight oil for every season is always a bit tricky in colder climates. I live at the arctic circle up north so the temperature varies a lot during the year

I typically run my Kraton and notorious on 4s unless I need the extra power of 6s. They run great and it’s so much easier on the car and drive train.

Always make a gear change (or any other service) directly after running a pack through the rig, all hardware is warm so any loctite will be soft throughout the entire chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back