Kraton Changing diff oil necessary on brand new Kraton ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonyrc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is it really that necessary to change the diff oil ratios on the Kraton right out of the box ?? I just bought a new one 2 days ago and going to run 2 3s 45c 5000 genaces. I literally haven't had a chance to run it yet. Shouldnt it wheelie pretty easily stock with those lipos ?? I won't get a chance til this weds to see for myself. Thanks

Is it really that necessary to change the diff oil ratios on the Kraton right out of the box ?? I just bought a new one 2 days ago and going to run 2 3s 45c 5000 genaces. I literally haven't had a chance to run it yet. Shouldnt it wheelie pretty easily stock with those lipos ?? I won't get a chance til this weds to see for myself. Thanks

No. Some people have their preferences on how they like their cars and know off the bat how they like to set it up. Run it for a while and see how you like it.

Agreed, run it stock first. Then make changes. I run 50/300/20k and love the way it drives with truggy size tires.

In regards to the ability to wheelie stock, not really. Tires will lift a bit but far from a wheelie monster. You will need to increase the center diff weight if you want wheelies for days.

Just curious but if I reset the "punch" setting on the transmitter would that help it's ability to wheelie w/o messing with the center diff ? I may not totally understand what that setting does. Sorry for this newb question.

Changing your center diff oil to 200,000/300,000cst will allow wheelies,but most important it will help you from blowing up front tires from excessive ballooning.I would at least change center diff oil, but all diffs come with much to thin stock fluids.

Changing your center diff oil to 200,000/300,000cst will allow wheelies,but most important it will help you from blowing up front tires from excessive ballooning.I would at least change center diff oil, but all diffs come with much to thin stock fluids.

^^what he said.

So your 6s kraton will do 50mph stock with all four tires planted. They'll balloon somewhat at that speed. Properly glued, they will hold up pretty good.

Now you're rolling at 10mph and punch it for some two wheel enjoyment. With the 6s kick the drivetrain instantly accelerates to 50mph lofting the front end some, unloading the front tires.

With the stock water that's in the center diff, all the power now transfers to the front wheels. And because of the cool gear multiplication effect going on in the center diff, the back wheels are still spinning at 10mph while the fronts accelerated to a nice 90 mph.

Gives you that photo worthy pizza cutter look, at least for a couple seconds until there's rubber shrapnel littered all over the back yard.

No best per say, its application specific. Climbing, racing, bashing , etc. I'd go with what Kauaiguy recommended if you like to drive on the rear wheels a lot.

I have a big rock no nothing of changing fluids any video will help I'm running back yard no hard jumps yet but its a blast

I think the Big rock uses grease in its diffs?

Correct. The Neros use grease. One side of the diffs have holes in them where the locker would engage. If you where to put in diff fluid it would just leak out.

I have no problem at all doing wheelies with the Kraton in fact it is very difficult not to flip it trying to get full throttle, I have only put 50k oil in front diff so far still need to do the centre and rear diff, I have not been able to hit full throttle since I put the proline blockade wheels on and can do back flips with just a little squeeze of the throttle no ramps or anything

My Kraton is all stock other than the pinion gear, changed to 16. Wheelies on command, anytime. Would flip easily and I added TBONE wheelie bar. Will still flip if I'm not running fast enough and hammer the throttle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back