Infraction Changing ESC from BLX100 to BLX130 - direct swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction 4x4
Can do a direct swap to the BLX130 from the BLX100 in my Infra3s? I was installing a larger fan for the ESC and dented one of the caps on the BLX100 with a screw, and now I'm concerned about reliability. The last thing I want to do is burn up my truck due to a silly mistake, however the truck still runs fine at this time.

I'm wondering if there are any modifications/relocations I will need to do for the ESC to fit or is it a straight drop in replacement? I have looked at other ESCs and think I'll stick with the factory branded stuff, simply because all my batteries are EC5/IC5 and I have the Spektrum programmer v2 already, and I haven't had any quality issues as it sounds like it's just rebranded HW stuff anyway.

Thoughts?

Can do a direct swap to the BLX130 from the BLX100 in my Infra3s? I was installing a larger fan for the ESC and dented one of the caps on the BLX100 with a screw, and now I'm concerned about reliability. The last thing I want to do is burn up my truck due to a silly mistake, however the truck still runs fine at this time.

I'm wondering if there are any modifications/relocations I will need to do for the ESC to fit or is it a straight drop in replacement? I have looked at other ESCs and think I'll stick with the factory branded stuff, simply because all my batteries are EC5/IC5 and I have the Spektrum programmer v2 already, and I haven't had any quality issues as it sounds like it's just rebranded HW stuff anyway.

Thoughts?

It's a direct Drop-in.
You're not going to have any problems.

You should recalibrate the endpoints for your throttle though, after the swap. 👍
(make sure your tx is set to 100% throttle BEFORE you recalibrate.)

It’s in stock at Jenny’s. Just have to know where to look. There’s three left.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/lo...mite-smart-130a-fuze-brushless-firma-los03027

13CC5B87-1FCA-439D-B925-D48C5ADDEF3D.png

It’s in stock at Jenny’s. Just have to know where to look. There’s three left.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/lo...mite-smart-130a-fuze-brushless-firma-los03027

View attachment 271286
Actually, there are 8 left in total ;)

https://jennysrc.com/products/losi-lasernut-u4-esc-dynamite-smart-130a-fuze-brushless-firma-los03028

Edit: The 135a escs from torox are also in stock and not a half bad option. They should be cheaper than a brand new 130a spektrum one from LHS. Though i don't think it will be a "direct" swap.
https://jennysrc.com/products/team-...35-4s-brushless-speed-control-c-54012-c-00191

I'm liking the extra programmability of this ESC. The 3s does not have as many punch settings, timing, drag brake, and a couple other features. This should definitely be the stock ESC for any 3-4s Arrma rigs!

I'm liking the extra programmability of this ESC. The 3s does not have as many punch settings, timing, drag brake, and a couple other features. This should definitely be the stock ESC for any 3-4s Arrma rigs!

Arrma Corporate wanted to hold back a little something, something to give "added value" to Charge $$$ for other model lines....

This morning I found Spektrum 130A ESC and Spektrum 3800kv motor as a set in new condition on Ebay for $129.99. A new condition 130A ESC alone was going for $119.95 and as high as $139.95, so buying the ESC and motor as a set was a no brainer. The ESC is going into my Infraction 3s, and the motor will be a spare.

This morning I found Spektrum 130A ESC and Spektrum 3800kv motor as a set in new condition on Ebay for $129.99. A new condition 130A ESC alone was going for $119.95 and as high as $139.95, so buying the ESC and motor as a set was a no brainer. The ESC is going into my Infraction 3s, and the motor will be a spare.
My LHS didn't have the combo in stock, and I hesitate to buy something like this from eBay, they can say "like new" or whatnot but I'm not sure Spektrum would warranty it if it were to fail. I had the extra cash to burn, and I'm an impatient b@sterd, so I sprung for the full price. Would have been nice to get the extra motor though, let us know how it goes!

My LHS didn't have the combo in stock, and I hesitate to buy something like this from eBay, they can say "like new" or whatnot but I'm not sure Spektrum would warranty it if it were to fail. I had the extra cash to burn, and I'm an impatient b@sterd, so I sprung for the full price. Would have been nice to get the extra motor though, let us know how it goes!
The "new" parts are pulled from brand new vehicles that have never been run, and the parts are working when removed. Jenny's RC and the Ebay sellers I've used in the past for ESCs replace the items if they are dead on arrival (DOA), but I've never had an ESCs arrive DOA or fail in the year plus I've used them.

If my local RC shop carried the Spektrum 130A ESC, I would have bought it from them, but their stock of ESCs is limited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back