Granite Changing esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi chaps, so im looking to upgrade the worn out stock blx 100 escs on my son's and my granites.

Stock power is fine, 3s is perfect for us, i read a few people use the hobbywing bl120, it's a great price esc and im a big fan of hobbywing.

Before i order a couple does anyone have any thoughts on the stock motor and bl120?

Cheers guys

I think guys have better luck with the HW variants.

Thanks guys, to be fair the stock ones are just old, they have smashed cases and just generally rough. They have lasted really well.

It's the bl120 strong enough?

It's the bl120 strong enough?
For sure, Hobbywing ESCs are great in bashers. This would also give you a little umph in total amps as well, 120 vs the BLX100. Doubt you'd notice that much of a difference though.

Looks do not matter, if they are working there is nothing to worry about (to a degree).
Yes, BL120 will work, but you will not see any change in performance or otherwise. Yes, it will look new.

The Hobbywing ESCs are easily programmable with the Hobbywing Programming Card. You can even program them using the Set button on the power switch. Programming instructions come with the ESC.

I have a HW Max10 SCT that I bought and used heavily all summer and fall. I'm super impressed with how cool it runs and I also appreciate the programmability. Highly recommended.

Thanks dudes, that settles it, I'll order a couple and pop them in there.

I've stuck with the stock BLX100. Mainly because you can get it from Jenny's RC for half the price of a Hobbywing and it won't require any soldering. Main downside is no warranty. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...100-esc-speed-control-senton-typhon-ara4302v3

The only problem I've had with the BLX100 is the soldering joint that connects the cap pack can snap. This only started happening after building a ramp and jumping over 10 feet high. I've tried to remedy this by reinforcing the joint, but it's a work in progress since I've still snapped it. If I continue to snap the joint, I'll have to try a more expensive option with no cap pack.

If you're happy with the performance and don't have an issue with snapping the cap pack solder joint, I think a BLX100 from Jenny's is a very cost-effective option. With the program card, the Hobbywing does provide more options, but check to see if you would actually use them. I have no need for them. The BLX100 provides all the programmability I need.

Learn how to solder, you are in it with a $30 investment and some practice.
You will save a bunch of money by learning that skill.

Just some unsolicited advice 🤘
:geek:
I have a soldering kit picked out on Amazon and I’ve watched some good YouTube videos on the subject.
I've stuck with the stock BLX100. Mainly because you can get it from Jenny's RC for half the price of a Hobbywing and it won't require any soldering. Main downside is no warranty. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...100-esc-speed-control-senton-typhon-ara4302v3

The only problem I've had with the BLX100 is the soldering joint that connects the cap pack can snap. This only started happening after building a ramp and jumping over 10 feet high. I've tried to remedy this by reinforcing the joint, but it's a work in progress since I've still snapped it. If I continue to snap the joint, I'll have to try a more expensive option with no cap pack.

If you're happy with the performance and don't have an issue with snapping the cap pack solder joint, I think a BLX100 from Jenny's is a very cost-effective option. With the program card, the Hobbywing does provide more options, but check to see if you would actually use them. I have no need for them. The BLX100 provides all the programmability I need.
The BLX100 is the one I’ve had problems with. If I can’t get this ESC to work I’m going with a Hobbywing. Can get a gone for about $50.

To be fair the blx 100 is great, far better than that spektrum sh1t they roll with these days.

The capacitors on mine came off months ago, if they come loose just cut them out, extend the wires and re solder the plug.

Soldering is essential for this hobby, and after some time quite satisfying.

I am 0 for 2 with the Spectrum BLX 100 ESC.
I am just going to put up $50 for A Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 ESC and learn to solder.

I am 0 for 2 with the Spectrum BLX 100 ESC.
I am just going to put up $50 for A Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 ESC and learn to solder.
Just go to jennys and get a spektrum for 50ish. Or a few more dollars and go bigger with hobbywing. Don't drop amps. These motors pull to many to drop. Imho I guess I have to say

Just go to jennys and get a spektrum for 50ish. Or a few more dollars and go bigger with hobbywing. Don't drop amps. These motors pull to many to drop. Imho I guess I have to say
Right! Why go to a lower amp ESC? You can get a Firma 130 from JennysRC or something different. Just look at the other brand RCs at JennysRc. You can get a Hobbywing RTR ESC from a Redcat if you want. Doesn't have to be a Spektrum Firma 100 or BLX 100 from an Arrma RC. You can use whatever ESC that you want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back