Kraton Changing remotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
hey guys hope this isn't a dumb question but what do you do with the antenna wire when you change remotes? Do you have to cut and solder it yourself?

hey guys hope this isn't a dumb question but what do you do with the antenna wire when you change remotes? Do you have to cut and solder it yourself?

Don't remove that, it's part of the receiver and special to that one. It should never be cut.

The technologies between the two have to be compatible.

What do you have and what are you thinking of upgrading to?

I have the stock remote for the kraton 6s v4 and I bought a dumbo remote and receiver. Have never changed a remote on an rc so not sure the process.

The transmitter/receiver usually come as a pair. You can also typically buy them separate, but for the first one, you buy the pair and use them to replace both the transmitter/receiver you currently have, then you buy more receivers for your other trucks as needed.

I have the stock remote for the kraton 6s v4 and I bought a dumbo remote and receiver. Have never changed a remote on an rc so not sure the process.

The DumboRC comes with a receiver and it they are usually bound together when you get it.

So you would just open up the receiver box, unplug the steering servo and ESC plugs and pull out the Spektrum receiver (along with the antenna cable). Then attach the steering servo to Ch1 and ESC to Ch2 of the DumboRC receiver (making sure the connector faces the right way (signal is white and the icons are on the receiver label). and drop the whole thing back into the receiver box and dress the wires.

Antenna wires are cut to a specific length depending on radio wave frequency. If you change it (make it longer or shorter) it can severely damage your range. Most RC's come with a small tube you should feed the antenna wire through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back