Granite Changing to sealed bearings in a V2 granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi,

I am guessing this is a stupid question, I am about to start swapping the bearings in my v2 granite to sealed bearings, if they are "sealed" does that mean there is no point lubricating them as the lubricant can't get?

Many Thanks

Hi,

I am guessing this is a stupid question, I am about to start swapping the bearings in my v2 granite to sealed bearings, if they are "sealed" does that mean there is no point lubricating them as the lubricant can't get?

Many Thanks
I still lubricate mine even though they are rubber sealed....whether or not it get in I'm not sure but wont hurt to do so haha

You have to remove the seals to lubricate them, you just pop them out and add oil/grease.

I’ve never found removing the seals easy to do without damaging them so I don’t bother anymore. I get full set from trbrc.com and then 10 packs of commonly replaced ones like hubs and change every so often when I feel them getting a little crusty. Good this is they’re relatively cheap. Can’t recommend trbrc.com enough for the bearings either. Super good guy and knows his stuff.

Last edited:
I’ve never found removing the seals easy to do without damaging them so I don’t bother anymore. I get full set from trbrc.com and then 10 packs of commonly replaced ones like hubs and change every so often when I feel them gettping a little crusty. Good this is they’re relatively cheap. Can’t recommend trbrc.com enough for the bearings either. Super good guy and knows his stuff.

Me too, just not worth it to service bearings when they cost like $1 each.

I’ve never found removing the seals easy to do without damaging them so I don’t bother anymore. I get full set from trbrc.com and then 10 packs of commonly replaced ones like hubs and change every so often when I feel them gettping a little crusty. Good this is they’re relatively cheap. Can’t recommend trbrc.com enough for the bearings either. Super good guy and knows his stuff.

Are trbc bearings packed with waterproof marine grease? I have been over here getting mine...
https://www.dsmoffroad.com/collections/for-arrma

Bashers I don't want fast bearings I want protection from the dirt DSM feel good. Can you feel the grease in those as you turn them?

Thx

Are trbc bearings packed with waterproof marine grease? I have been over here getting mine...
https://www.dsmoffroad.com/collections/for-arrma

Bashers I don't want fast bearings I want protection from the dirt DSM feel good. Can you feel the grease in those as you turn them?

Thx

I tried one of their kits on my 4pede and they didn't last long at all. I remember seeing a few others have the same experience.

I only buy bearings from TRBRC, Fast Eddy and Jim's Bearings now. I use TRBRC and Fast Eddy for bulk and Jim's for kits. TRBRC makes some of the best motor bearings that I have found.

I tried one of their kits on my 4pede and they didn't last long at all. I remember seeing a few others have the same experience.

I only buy bearings from TRBRC, Fast Eddy and Jim's Bearings now. I use TRBRC and Fast Eddy for bulk and Jim's for kits. TRBRC makes some of the best motor bearings that I have found.
+1 on his motor bearing, over a year on a set of his motor bearings in my granite after factory ones died in a few months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back