CHARGER HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green granit

Reaction score
HEY GUYS i have 2 venom 10500mah 50c 3s battery and ordered a isdt mark 2 charger,,,will this charger be able to handle these two battery at once ,,or just one at a time ,and how long to charge them,im hoping i didnt get in over my head with these big battery ,but this is what hobby shop recomened for my granite version three bxl for longer run times,,,,oh and anyone know how old this isdt 2 mark 2 is cant seem to find anything on you tube about it,,,oh and the truck is all stock electronics and everything else,YES i am a NEWBE ,so forgive my ignorance:)

Thanks bill

At 1C charge rate you'll be over 100 watts for just one battery. If it's the charger I think it is, then I believe your charger has a 200 watt max charge rate so you won't be able to do both at 1C at the same time. You can still charge both at the same time but at less then 1C meaning it'll take a a bit longer to charge.

So I really screwed up? I have a cheaper charger from dynamite it 50 watts and it took almost 2 hours ,but this charger only charges and nothing else,,,should I send the isdt back and keep looking?
Or should I ditch those huge batteries and get smaller one,,,these darn batteries cost me $ 120 EACH
Or should I ditch those huge batteries and get smaller one,,,these darn batteries cost me $ 120 EACH

I would send the batteries back...

I feel my granite is very weight sensitive... How much do those 10,000mah packs weight compared to a good 5000mah? close to twice as much, I would expect. I didn't like the change in handling moving from 3s ot 4s, so I sure would not want the equivalent of 6s in my Granite.

Need more run time? Get 2x or 3x 5000mah packs and swap them out. Only takes a minute, and also gives you a chance to look over the truck for issues, check motor and ESC temps, etc...

Last edited:
I agree with Jerry-rigged. Return the batteries. You'd be better off sticking with "normal" capacity batteries and working towards a better charger to help speed up your charge times (as long as the batteries are rated for the higher charge rate of course). I haven't shopped for chargers for over 6 years so I don't know what the current offerings are but my iCharger 406DUO covers everything I've needed it for in the RC plane and heli world and will be plenty of charging power for cars unless I start looking at single batteries greater than 6S.

I agree with Jerry-rigged. Return the batteries. You'd be better off sticking with "normal" capacity batteries and working towards a better charger to help speed up your charge times (as long as the batteries are rated for the higher charge rate of course). I haven't shopped for chargers for over 6 years so I don't know what the current offerings are but my iCharger 406DUO covers everything I've needed it for in the RC plane and heli world and will be plenty of charging power for cars unless I start looking at single batteries greater than 6S.
Well I called The hobby shop explain the situation to that I'm about these big batteries and asked if I can swap them out for the smaller batteries and they flat out told me no so now I'm stuck with $200 worth of batteries and all this new stuff is only 2 days old they said they do not exchange used batteries I only charged one up that's the only one I got to use and when I went outside to run the truck that battery seems to weigh that side down it wants to roll over if I make any sharp turns or what I jump anything it wants to land on that side where that heavy battery is

Sux, but not surprising that they won't take them back once opened. What about the second one that you didn't use? will take it back?

You could try to sell them on your local FB marketplace, but you will lose money...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back