Charger Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwolf92

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm running a 7.4v 3500mAh 35c Li-Po battery on a 1/16 Heng Long Abrams Tank. I have a 7.4v 7000mAh 30c Li-Po Battery in a Li-Po protection bag. It hasn't been a day since I put it in the bag for safety and I would like to know what battery charger can charge this. I wouldn't mind upgrading to the 7000mAh but I don't want to use my current Li-Po charger since the amp only goes up to 4A. Any recommendations on a new Charger for a 7.4v 7000mAh? Would appreciate the help. I got this as a gift from my friend who has no idea what he gave me and I'm still new to this and is very cautious about Li-Po batteries.

Your charger will still be able to charge that 7000 mAh battery, albeit a little slower than a charger capable of putting out more current.

I have a Protek 625 duo, it's been great for me, nice powerful charger. Also have an imax b6 that I'll take with me if I want to recharge anything out in the field since it's so sm
Imax B6 appeared each time I asked for recommendations even in YouTube. Even watched some tutorials on it. I'm using a Dynamite Prophet Sports Mini and I indeed attempted to charge the 7000mAh with it but only got 5 minutes in and removed it due to feeling like it would burst if I overcharge it or would light up in the protection bag.

Any charger with 100W output per channel will serve you well on a 3S setup.
My choice is always the HOTA D6 Plus, make sure you get the right adapter cables.
Good choices:
ISDT or HOTA, avoid Dynamite, Spektrum is overpriced imho (rebrand anyway but they are good)
Avoid all the cheapo ones on Amazon incl Imax B6. They have questionable build quality and they are ancient technology, I'd avoid it like the plague. They are ok but it was 'ok' already 20 years ago and no innovation since then.

More reading
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/page-45

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=113

Imax B6 appeared each time I asked for recommendations even in YouTube. Even watched some tutorials on it. I'm using a Dynamite Prophet Sports Mini and I indeed attempted to charge the 7000mAh with it but only got 5 minutes in and removed it due to feeling like it would burst if I overcharge it or would light up in the protection bag.
Why did you think it would blow up???:LOL:
A 7,000mah lipo will safely charge in approx. 1 hour if the charger is set to 7.0 amps. (a 1C rate if able to deliver a steady 7.0 amps)
Something I am missing perhaps?:unsure:
BTW, a lipo protection bag will do nothing to contain a 7,000mah lipo fire . The lipo will laugh at that bag when it explodes.
Never store then fully charged at 4.2 volts/cell. They are most volatile in this state and must be run. Store them at 3.8-3.85v/cell when not using them. For storage puposes. Have a lipo testor on hand.
Any charger with 100W output per channel will serve you well on a 3S setup.
My choice is always the HOTA D6 Plus, make sure you get the right adapter cables.
Good choices:
ISDT or HOTA, avoid Dynamite, Spektrum is overpriced imho (rebrand anyway but they are good)
Avoid all the cheapo ones on Amazon incl Imax B6. They have questionable build quality and they are ancient technology, I'd avoid it like the plague. They are ok but it was 'ok' already 20 years ago and no innovation since then.

More reading
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/page-45

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=113
Yeah those old school 2 line display chargers are outdated by todays standards. But still floating around. I still have my IMAX B6 AC/DC. A legit one. There were many knockoffs of these. I use it now to charge small radio lipos, Nims or Enerloops. Just Very slow balancing at the end of a lipo charge cycle.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back