Typhon Charging C rate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

Just got new LiPo's and have a question.

My battery says maximum fast charge rate: 2C. What does that mean? Is that the maximum current at which I can charge the battery? And how do I know at how much Ampere I can charge the battery?

Thanks!

A charge rate of 1C is the batteries capacity / 1000. So if the battery is a 5,000mah battery, a 1C charge rate is 5 amps. If the battery is a 7,200mah battery, a 1C charge rate is 7.2 amps.

A charge rate of 1C is the batteries capacity / 1000. So if the battery is a 5,000mah battery, a 1C charge rate is 5 amps. If the battery is a 7,200mah battery, a 1C charge rate is 7.2 amps.
You beat me to it. But yeah, 2C is double. I typically charge at 1C even if the battery states 2C or 3C capable. Less stress and heat for the battery.

I have a 2C 5400mAh battery, so for me the maximum is 10,8 amps??

Yes, as long as your charger can put out that much.

Nah, my charger can do 5 Amps, so it's going to take a bit longer to charge. I'm currently looking for a better charger, I can only charge one battery at the time now. But since I run two times a 3s in my new typhoon, that won't really work anymore ??

There are stickies in the electronics section about battery chargers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back