Charging LIPOs for first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhonfun

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi all,

Just joined this forum not too long ago. Just about to take the first run with my son on his new Typhon 6S. I have a charging question.

I balance charged (2) PowerHobby 3C 5200 50C LIPOs on my UP200 DUO charger. It fully charged both at around 40min which I think is pretty good. I set the charger to 5.2A and 3S. I did notice that when it was charged there was 12.6V in each pack but the charge capacity was less than half of the 5200mah. Is this normal? Pic attached.

9F08837E-53E0-46AB-9217-BABB43E7F14A.jpeg

Hi all,

Just joined this forum not too long ago. Just about to take the first run with my son on his new Typhon 6S. I have a charging question.

I balance charged (2) PowerHobby 3C 5200 50C LIPOs on my UP200 DUO charger. It fully charged both at around 40min which I think is pretty good. I set the charger to 5.2A and 3S. I did notice that when it was charged there was 12.6V in each pack but the charge capacity was less than half of the 5200mah. Is this normal? Pic attached.

View attachment 78513
Yep the MAH value is what was needed to be put back in from a storage charge. Storage is about 50%.

Hi all,

View attachment 78513
Only means that what you needed to charge was what was empty if that makes sense? If you had half tank of gas and filled it full, the charge capacity would be the half tank of gas.

edit: I was late. Exactly what @jondilly1974 says

Enjoy the Typhon, it's a beast!

So much fun! We only had (1) 3S battery at 100% on the controller and felt this thing moves pretty well! We’ll graduate (or at least me) to 6S soon. Lol

One other thing I noticed is when we were done, LVC must have kicked in, I wanted to check out the volts left in the battery; 3.35V per cell. I really didn’t want to go that deep. Is there a way I can raise the LVC in the stock ESC? The ESC table in the manual just appears to adjust between LIPO and NIMH; obviously LIPO stays. Just wish I could change the LVC more to like 3.6V per cell to protect the batteries.

So much fun! We only had (1) 3S battery at 100% on the controller and felt this thing moves pretty well! We’ll graduate (or at least me) to 6S soon. Lol

One other thing I noticed is when we were done, LVC must have kicked in, I wanted to check out the volts left in the battery; 3.35V per cell. I really didn’t want to go that deep. Is there a way I can raise the LVC in the stock ESC? The ESC table in the manual just appears to adjust between LIPO and NIMH; obviously LIPO stays. Just wish I could change the LVC more to like 3.6V per cell to protect the batteries.
Get yourself a lipo alarm, they're cheap on Ebay, you can set it where you want it.

Learning so much here already. Thinking of the SMC unit. They’re $9.95/ea on sale and appears to have a slight voltage delay to account for any quick WOT bursts without sounding the alarm. I’ve seen others for half the price but unsure if there’s really a difference in quality. Do you get what you pay for when it comes to these things?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back