Limitless charging question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hey guys sorry for noob question i just got my venom pro duo charger i just got my 6s turnigy battery in i hooked it up to my limitless did acouple of small hits and put it on balance charge for like 30 seconds and when i scroll over on menu it shows all 6 cells at 3.7 theres no like done beep or anything was curious how else i can tell its done
B774E35D-CE0C-4E94-BE87-F2BF6A7D6B93.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 42
when it gets to 4.2 volts per cell it'll be done.

Also, if you are going to not be using a lipo for mare than a week it's best to put them in storage charge (3.8 volts per cell, about half way).

Funny how opinions on storage charge differ.. I have always gone by 3.84 to 3.85 storage charge

Funny how opinions on storage charge differ.. I have always gone by 3.84 to 3.85 storage charge
It can really be anything between. 3.70 and 3.9 from my experience but dead middle is 3.8 so I always say around 3.8...also, the closer to 3.8 the better as it will be more stable ;)

so when i hit that screen and all 6 say 3.8 it'll be done or over 4.0?

If you select storage it will automatically stop when all cells are at 3.8 (mine likes to bring them up to 3.9-4.0 before dropping them back down to 3.8) if you picked balance charge it will automatically stop when all cells reach 4.2 (full charge) it will sound a reasonably loud alarm when it’s finished and will blink end in the upper left of the screen.

If you select storage it will automatically stop when all cells are at 3.8 (mine likes to bring them up to 3.9-4.0 before dropping them back down to 3.8) if you picked balance charge it will automatically stop when all cells reach 4.2 (full charge) it will sound a reasonably loud alarm when it’s finished and will blink end in the upper left of the screen.
Keep in mind, it will drain the battery if it has full charge when you use this function and it can cause some heat on your charger. That said, I usually just use fast charge unless it starts showing signs of not being in balance anymore then I'll use balance but when it comes to storage I just fast charge (can charge up to 5 amps) to 3.8 myself as it is much faster than using the storage charge function which usually only maxes out at 1 amp. Also, using balance function does some discharging as well so expect heat again. I have a fan aimed at my charger when charging because it's friggin hot here in Texas :(

thank you all for the advice i wasnt sure if i could go above 3.7 on the 6s thats why i was confused lol im like 22.2 v 3.7 per cell ig im full charge lol

I have that same charger and some times it acts up. Check it periodically and make sure the numbers are going the correct direction.
I tried to put the battery into storage when it was below storage and it was taking more power out of the battery... I had to move it over into the charge setting and watch it to stop it at the right time.

When looking to fully charge a battery you want to use the charge or fast charge options. It will balance the cells automatically in that process.

yeah, the charge is what I use, don't think fast charge is even an option.

Anyhow, I will evenly charge on all functions but balance is used when the charge balance gets too far out, regular charge won't fix it if it's more than a volt different. Ic that happens monitor that battery as it might be failing ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back