Charging staions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been using this charger and power supplies (or a good deep cycle battery at the field) for a couple of years now. No issues with anything I throw at them. Will do my 6s-5500 packs 6 at a time in a little under an hour 2c charge rate is my max I use) IMO one of the best chargers out there. As far as the PSUs, you don't need more gadgets, just power. Server PSUs are perfect for this, and a lot cheaper.

http://www.revolectrix.com/pl6_description_tab.htm

http://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/...40.htm[ Thank you for this! Very interesting!

Keep in mind if you're charging off a lead-acid battery - they do not like to be discharged very far or they'll die at an accelerated rate.

Deep cycle (or LiFePO4 if you have a cash burning a hole in your pocket and want something far lighter and a better discharge curve) is really the best way to sanely charge many batteries on a regular basis.

Last edited:
This is what I'm looking for!!! Or at least what had in mind when I started this thread. Very reasonable price, buy 2 and charge 8x 6s lipo's at once!! Love it! Thank you!?
Just keep in mind that with 100 watts per channel when you are charging 6s that the charger will max out at around 4 amps. 6 cells x 4.2 volts = 25.2 volts. 100 watts ÷ 25.2 volts = 3.97 amps. So when you are charging 6s batteries you will be maxing out the chargers.

Just keep in mind that with 100 watts per channel when you are charging 6s that the charger will max out at around 4 amps. 6 cells x 4.2 volts = 25.2 volts. 100 watts ÷ 25.2 volts = 3.97 amps. So when you are charging 6s batteries you will be maxing out the chargers.
But at that price, ill at least give it a shot and see how it handles it. Would I be correct in the thinking that if I reduce the batteries being charged simultaneous to 3 as opposed to 4, that the availability of amps would increase ?

But at that price, ill at least give it a shot and see how it handles it. Would I be correct in the thinking that if I reduce the batteries being charged simultaneous to 3 as opposed to 4, that the availability of amps would increase ?
Possibly. I'm not that familiar with that charger. Some of them are a strict watts per channel and watts cannot be shared while others put the watts into a "pool" and go to the channels that need it. Most common that I've seen is a straight up watts per channel so you wouldn't be able to cut down on batteries to up the amps of the others but I'm not positive.

Possibly. I'm not that familiar with that charger. Some of them are a strict watts per channel and watts cannot be shared while others put the watts into a "pool" and go to the channels that need it. Most common that I've seen is a straight up watts per channel so you wouldn't be able to cut down on batteries to up the amps of the others but I'm not positive.
Seems logical. I believe this charger in particular has dedicated wattage per channel

there's a couple youtube videos about it. My SkyRC Ultimate dou400 has channel one being the stronger of the two. That's another nice stand alone but only 2 channels. A couple guys have that charger on this forum and seem to like it.

That looks super sweet! I do have some 3s rigs, don't run them as much as my 6s rigs tbh. Thank you for the pic, looks very nice and tidy.
After a while, I got tired of charging up 10 packs to go bash, then I'd break something that would end my day and I'd have to discharge half the packs on my charger. So now, I just charge 1 extra pack (set of packs) for the trucks I take, then if I make it through the first pack (set of packs, I run 2x2S in big and single 3S in little trucks), I charge them again as I go. Makes it so I'm not cycling a lot of packs needlessly shortening their lives.

At home, I have 2 chargers, my original 4x10A/4x100w and my newest 2x20A/2x200w I use to charge up 6 packs at once. With that, I charge 4 of my 2S packs for my big truck and 2 of my 3S packs for my little truck as I usually take one big and one little because they fit in my carry bag. Carrying stuff up/down 3 flights of stairsthen 75 yards to my car all comes into play for me... So, I take what I can in one trip which is usually 2 trucks and the packs I need. Then I'm out bashing for 4-8 hours depending on the day and driving anywhere between 10 minutes and 45 minutes to skate parks.

Having the charger in my car really makes me not have to worry about running out of power. Wasn't an issue when all I ran was nitro. I'd take an extra receiver pack, couple AA's for my heater and 1500cc's of nitro, then be out all day. Electric made me plan more, but it also lets me run in more places since they are quiet.

After a while, I got tired of charging up 10 packs to go bash, then I'd break something that would end my day and I'd have to discharge half the packs on my charger. So now, I just charge 1 extra pack (set of packs) for the trucks I take, then if I make it through the first pack (set of packs, I run 2x2S in big and single 3S in little trucks), I charge them again as I go. Makes it so I'm not cycling a lot of packs needlessly shortening their lives.

At home, I have 2 chargers, my original 4x10A/4x100w and my newest 2x20A/2x200w I use to charge up 6 packs at once. With that, I charge 4 of my 2S packs for my big truck and 2 of my 3S packs for my little truck as I usually take one big and one little because they fit in my carry bag. Carrying stuff up/down 3 flights of stairsthen 75 yards to my car all comes into play for me... So, I take what I can in one trip which is usually 2 trucks and the packs I need. Then I'm out bashing for 4-8 hours depending on the day and driving anywhere between 10 minutes and 45 minutes to skate parks.

Having the charger in my car really makes me not have to worry about running out of power. Wasn't an issue when all I ran was nitro. I'd take an extra receiver pack, couple AA's for my heater and 1500cc's of nitro, then be out all day. Electric made me plan more, but it also lets me run in more places since they are quiet.
I am horrible about battery Matinence, I run my packs to lvc and they stay like that until I charge them again. I don't run maxamps packs but I still get a year out of each pack abusing them this way.

I am horrible about battery Matinence, I run my packs to lvc and they stay like that until I charge them again. I don't run maxamps packs but I still get a year out of each pack abusing them this way.
I don't. I storage charge mine after every day. I don't even charge them the night before, I get up early and charge in the morning. I've only been running electric a year, but I still run the packs I first started with. They take a bit longer to charge, but they still work ok. The 3 I tore apart were 10 months old and I had used them in my savage flux and ERBE most of the time.

I did have one SMC 2S 9000mah pack drop a cell on me after 10 months. That was one of the first two I bought and cycled on my first charger which was the traxxas charger. I've been trying my best to use the same 4 7400mah 2S SMC packs in my outcast, savage flux and ERBE just to see what kind of life I get. So, they are always drained in the same pairs and charged in the same pairs.

This is what I'm looking for!!! Or at least what had in mind when I started this thread. Very reasonable price, buy 2 and charge 8x 6s lipo's at once!! Love it! Thank you!?

That is 100w MAX- which probably means when fed it's max 18v DC, which means external power supply, which means more cost...and 100W really isn't that much power when wanting 6S

Personally- here is what I would do for a combination of quality, features, flexibility, power- while still being able to pound out *SIX* 6S safely and quickly.

3 of these chargers- https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=529

with this power supply- https://www.progressiverc.com/chargery-s1200-power-supply.html

If you want to scale back a bit and only do *FOUR* 6S then grab 2 of those chargers and this power supply- https://www.progressiverc.com/chargery-s600-plus.html

If you look on the SMC site, there is an option for only a few dollars more to get that same charger with an AC cord as well for increased versatility- just be aware like any charger- the power drops off when plugged to a house. (100w each channel AC, 325w each channel DC)

There are plenty of other options if you only wanted to do TWO 6S- but wanting to go FOUR or SIX 6S at a time- that is what I would do.

Keep in mind if you're charging off a lead-acid battery - they do not like to be discharged very far or they'll die at an accelerated rate.

Not to mention the strain on the alternator on the car! Example- not a great idea to jump start a totally dead car and let it idle. Emergencies happen- and you need to get home from the store, but I'd get home and put the car on a charger overnight afterward.

Of course this would be for my normal cars.

One of my cars has TWO AGM 95AH 900CCA 1000CA batteries mated to the vehicles intelligent battery charge controller fed by a liquid cooled alternator capable of 300amps.

;)

That is 100w MAX- which probably means when fed it's max 18v DC, which means external power supply, which means more cost...and 100W really isn't that much power when wanting 6S

Personally- here is what I would do for a combination of quality, features, flexibility, power- while still being able to pound out *SIX* 6S safely and quickly.

3 of these chargers- https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=529

with this power supply- https://www.progressiverc.com/chargery-s1200-power-supply.html

If you want to scale back a bit and only do *FOUR* 6S then grab 2 of those chargers and this power supply- https://www.progressiverc.com/chargery-s600-plus.html

If you look on the SMC site, there is an option for only a few dollars more to get that same charger with an AC cord as well for increased versatility- just be aware like any charger- the power drops off when plugged to a house. (100w each channel AC, 325w each channel DC)

There are plenty of other options if you only wanted to do TWO 6S- but wanting to go FOUR or SIX 6S at a time- that is what I would do.
Wish I had run across the Hota D6 DC when I bought my HTRC 150w x 2. Many more features, cheaper and WAY more capable on DC.

Here is an excellent review and walk through of it for those that haven't seen it- Hobbymate private labels it and sells it for more money-

https://www.rcjuice.com/chargers-ac...4-ac-dc-quad-output-lipo-balance-charger.html

No, I don't think so. I have the dynamite version and it's 10Ax4 or 100Wx4 and I don't believe it goes any higher on any port regardless what's being used or not used. It's a good charger for 2S/3S, but with a 100W limit, probably not the best for 6S unless your running small capacity 6S packs. A 4000mah 6S pack will max it out at 1C at 100.8W. A 5000mah 6S pack needs at least 126W to charge at 1C.

It will charge 5000mah+, but it will take a while and you will be running it at it's limit most of the time.

No, I don't think so. I have the dynamite version and it's 10Ax4 or 100Wx4 and I don't believe it goes any higher on any port regardless what's being used or not used. It's a good charger for 2S/3S, but with a 100W limit, probably not the best for 6S unless your running small capacity 6S packs. A 4000mah 6S pack will max it out at 1C at 100.8W. A 5000mah 6S pack needs at least 126W to charge at 1C.

It will charge 5000mah+, but it will take a while and you will be running it at it's limit most of the time.
It will still be faster than charging 1 battery at a time I'm thinking.

I most likely it is like 4 of the ev c-1 I own which is a one channel 10amp charger. It will do a 4800mah 6s in around 1 1/2hr. So yes you will get 4 done in that time. My skyrc is 400watt but only 2 channels. It gets them done pretty darn fast. Only had it since Christmas but I’m really liking it. I can now charge my better lipos at 2c but most still just go 1c as I’m not usually in that big a hurry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back