Charging staions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I literally mentioned the 15% off code before the link- and less than $230 shipped to me after the link....how could you miss that?

I guess money really does not matter to you. :)

So- what charger(s) are you planning on using with this PS, and do you have 240v avail to plug it into?

Only asking because well, you know- attention to details and whatnot... ;P

I literally mentioned the 15% off code before the link- and less than $230 shipped to me after the link....how could you miss that?

I guess money really does not matter to you. :)

So- what charger(s) are you planning on using with this PS, and do you have 240v avail to plug it into?

Only asking because well, you know- attention to details and whatnot... ;P

Not sure yet but, I'll just unplug the dryer lol

Heads up on that IDST power supply- it must be new, I emailed the manufacturer asking for the manual for it and they said it isn't ready yet.

Well after purchasing the ev peak cq3 charging station, I discovered that it won't charge 6s batteries at all, even though it is advised as and has selectible 6s 22.2v option in the charger charging menu. Contact with ev peak is extraordinarily difficult at best, but they tell me there is a reset menu on the charger lol. Super secret apparently. I can't seem to find it. So I went and bought a hitec 2 channel 80wx2. Takes me 3hrs to charge 1 6s pack at 10a. Wtf. I'm 600 deep in chargers and the venom pro 2 was the best one at 80$ makes me want to engineer a charger that's worth a crap. So frustrated.

I use an icharger duo. Requires a power supply but very powerful and excellent discharge capabilities, well worth the money.

I know you wanted a 4 channel, but using one of these is still one of the best options .Powerful enough to parallel charge or charge 2 singles at very high rates. If discharging is necessary you can hook bulbs or resistors to one channel and discharge at very high rates while the charger controls the rate and final voltage you select. They also have many other features. If you are in rc for the long haul, this is a very good investment.

Well after purchasing the ev peak cq3 charging station, I discovered ......WTF So frustrated.

C’mon man- you discovered?

Go re-read this post from the start.

Several of us told you that charger is 100w MAX, only 10 amp, not really a lot of power for 6S, even at 1c and I mentioned that was probably even only on 18v DC POWER.

No reason to be upset with anyone but yourself.

A 6s battery takes power. A 6s battery faster than 1c takes a lot of power. Etc etc.

Basically it gets much more complicated and expensive really quickly. Specs need to be paid attention to, understood and respected.

Well after purchasing the ev peak cq3 charging station, I discovered that it won't charge 6s batteries at all, even though it is advised as and has selectible 6s 22.2v option in the charger charging menu. Contact with ev peak is extraordinarily difficult at best, but they tell me there is a reset menu on the charger lol. Super secret apparently. I can't seem to find it. So I went and bought a hitec 2 channel 80wx2. Takes me 3hrs to charge 1 6s pack at 10a. Wtf. I'm 600 deep in chargers and the venom pro 2 was the best one at 80$ makes me want to engineer a charger that's worth a crap. So frustrated.

You need 25w per 5000mah cell for 1c charging. So a 6s 5000mah pack needs 150w. There is no getting around this. Also, you said you wanted "Fast" - which I take to mean better than 1c/1hour. So double that to 300w for 2c/30 minute charging. You should NOT LOOK AT any charger with less than 300w PER CHANNEL. Don't buy into the "shared power" BS when you know you want to charge 4-6 packs at the same time.

The Reaktor/ Charsoon 300w/20a chargers, in a 4 channel flavor would be a good place to start. The PSU I linked above will power it fine. You will be able to hit 4x 6s 5000mah packs with 10 amps each, and have 4 packs ready in about 30 minutes. I have the 2-channel version of this charger, powered by a 1050w server PSU. I mostly only run 4s, but charge at 10-15a x 2 very often.

This charger was linked a few times, but here is the hobbyking version again. The Charsoon is the same charger, but sold thru Banggood -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-c...ous-balance-charger-discharger-version-2.html

If you plan on getting bigger packs (like the SMC 7400mah) then you will need more watts. Shoot for 400W per channel (again, beware power sharing). This will put you into the range of the bigger Hitec (700x2) or the iCharger line.

I rarely plan ahead when I go bashing and it's usually a spur of the moment thing. That's why I charge at 2c. Am I ruining my batteries by doing so? They are all rated for that charge rate. I just can't wait an hour for each battery.

You need 25w per 5000mah cell for 1c charging. So a 6s 5000mah pack needs 150w. There is no getting around this. Also, you said you wanted "Fast" - which I take to mean better than 1c/1hour. So double that to 300w for 2c/30 minute charging. You should NOT LOOK AT any charger with less than 300w PER CHANNEL. Don't buy into the "shared power" BS when you know you want to charge 4-6 packs at the same time.

The Reaktor/ Charsoon 300w/20a chargers, in a 4 channel flavor would be a good place to start. The PSU I linked above will power it fine. You will be able to hit 4x 6s 5000mah packs with 10 amps each, and have 4 packs ready in about 30 minutes. I have the 2-channel version of this charger, powered by a 1050w server PSU. I mostly only run 4s, but charge at 10-15a x 2 very often.

This charger was linked a few times, but here is the hobbyking version again. The Charsoon is the same charger, but sold thru Banggood -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-c...ous-balance-charger-discharger-version-2.html

If you plan on getting bigger packs (like the SMC 7400mah) then you will need more watts. Shoot for 400W per channel (again, beware power sharing). This will put you into the range of the bigger Hitec (700x2) or the iCharger line.
Thank you for the breakdown of that. I bought a 35amp ps and plugged in into the hitec dual port I have and it definitely sped things up. About 45 mins for 2 5200mah 6s packs. I'm looking at a 4 channel and a 1500w ps at 120 amp. Around 700 for the set up but I should be at 30min per 4 packs,which is just what I'm looking for. Thank you again for the information. And the link.

I am horrible about battery Matinence, I run my packs to lvc and they stay like that until I charge them again. I don't run maxamps packs but I still get a year out of each pack abusing them this way.

Im the worst with my batteries...I don't even know what the best way to store them is... I put on charge after I use them and try to use within a few days... I don't even have a lipo bag... :oops: I should prob change that because the battery expense is the second biggest item on these things.

Yes 120 amp, 1500watt. Its overkill I know.

Not really overkill when you want to charge 4x 6s packs in 30 minutes. That will run about 1200w. Plus you always want about10%-20% spare capacity in your PSU. So not overkill at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back