Kraton Chassis bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi Folks
It would appear that these kraron chassis will bend.
My chassis has curved around mostly at the rear and i must point out significantly between the plastic braces.
I have been thinkig of doing something custom to fix it but it seems as though the simple aluminum brace with cable ties is quite popular
Does this work because ive got it ready to go. If not i woukd really like to hear why
Cheers in advance

Thanks WoodiE
It looks like a simple way to sort out the issue.
Ill give it a go.

Very easy to do diy from your local big box stores. Making this yourself only costs a few dollars and increases the rigidity of the chassis exponentially. I don't recommend securing it with zip ties like I've seen some people do it probably takes more time to get it all zip tied down then it would then to just notch and secure it properly. I guess it' a matter of opinion but if I take the time to make a brace to help strengthen the chassis then I want it to actually do it's job not flex and roll like the zip ties are known to do. And it just is a cleaner look.

I personally just bought a second chassis and doubled them up. Went to my local Ace hardware and bought longer screws for everything under the chassis. I haven't had a single problem and still have the stock chassis braces. If the picture isn't visible enough I can take another. Might have to zoom in to see.

Attachments

• 20170225_105403.jpg
    20170225_105403.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 125
I personally just bought a second chassis and doubled them up. Went to my local Ace hardware and bought longer screws for everything under the chassis. I haven't had a single problem and still have the stock chassis braces. If the picture isn't visible enough I can take another. Might have to zoom in to see.
Wow! must be heavy no?!

I was thinking about the double chassis solution but am a little concerned about weight. Im in Australia so nothings cheap on ebay for us after shipping.
Think i might try the T2T brace. Some say it will bend the towers, some says it helps them.

Idk. The car doesn't seem to notice the weight. I am running a castle 2200KV motor sooo I have plenty of power. Haha
I honestly didn't pay attention to the weight of the chassis when I did it.

I tried the T2T brace and bent the chasis downward now.

So Ive now tried this piece of 6mm aircraft grade au. It weighs 160 gm and i sacrifice about 2-3mm travel under the T bone. This car is turning into a pig.

Pic of

Attachments

• 20180317_155341.jpg
    20180317_155341.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 126
Could try a few things:
  1. Full aluminum center diff mount and top plate
  2. Front and rear aluminum chassis braces
  3. Motor brace mount (i used a boat nitro muffler mount)
  4. Full top plate like Markhor designs CF one
Justin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back