Chassis brace question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenmaxx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Just grabbed a Kraton, my first Arrma, and it appears the chassis braces are sorta like tie rods that can be adjusted. Mine are sort of free-floating you can wiggle them on an eighth of a turn in either direction before it starts tightening up but given that it’s all four pieces of the brace my question is should I tighten them one way or the other? Leave them floating? Or are there options for personal preference? Never had a car set up like this before

The rod ends of these braces should be snug and are presized. If you see some play, I would address that. These braces should not float around as you describe.

The play I describe isn’t front to back it’s like a tie rod so I can use fingers to turn all 4 slightly each direction, they will snug up in each direction as well. The rod ends are snug where their pin goes through but it appears I could take them out and spin the rod end like 1/2 turn and then put it back in place.

Try flexing the chassis and see if there is slop fore and aft. If not you are good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back