Kraton Chassis Brace Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lttlcheeze

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Running a Kraton 6s V4

I'm looking to get some Chassis Braces, there are quite a few around. What's the best ones to get, or does it really matter?

M2C
Custom RC
Hot Racing
Integy
Voltage Hobbies
Markhor
BangGood Special

Are there others??

Running a Kraton 6s V4

I'm looking to get some Chassis Braces, there are quite a few around. What's the best ones to get, or does it really matter?

M2C
Custom RC
Hot Racing
Integy
Voltage Hobbies
Markhor
BangGood Special

Are there others??
Go with M2C.

Whatever you can find in stock for a reasonable price. A lot of Voltage's parts have been out of stock for a while. That said, I would avoid the really cheap stuff

I've had no issue with the Hot Racing braces and got them quick on Amazon Prime.

Keep in mind, if you have aspersions of big air like you see on YouTube even aluminum braces are a bandaid on a gunshot wound. The chassis is still disposable.

Running a Kraton 6s V4

M2C
Custom RC
Hot Racing
Integy
Voltage Hobbies
Markhor
BangGood Special

Are there others??
Any aluminum upgrade will work fine. The weak point in most is not the brace, but the small 3mm screw that connects the front one to the top plate. My Hot Racing braces are a year old and still perfect. I did end up boring out that hole on the plate and the brace to accommodate a 4mm screw with a lock nut. Was a mod I picked up here on the forum.

There really is little difference between them all as they have all copied the original system. Some are stronger than others is all I know. For center braces i personally think the hot racing look the best, they look extremely good once fitted and don't bend or come undone at all.

M2C all the way. You shouldn't have to take a drill to a brand new brace like you do with the Voltage and Hot Racing offerings. And believe me the 3mm bolt screw that comes with those two will eventually break off in the brace. The M2C brace comes with a 4mm bolt screw???

Thanks @bicketybam I just got my voltage brace drilled and tapped.
20200108_130037.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back