Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you use the factory screws to transfer everything over? Thanks!
That's a great question and one that I asked @Mitchell looper from M2C before I bought mine. The counter sink holes are made so that all stock screws will work fine, so no need to worry about adding anything longer.

For the most part the holes are recessed more to allow for the same screw depth. I did add longer screws for the battery tray I couldn’t seem to get enough bite with the stock length.
Awesome. I'm assuming I would have to do the same thing. would you mind telling me what size screws you used? thanks!

Awesome. I'm assuming I would have to do the same thing. would you mind telling me what size screws you used? thanks!
I would have to look. But I couldn't find a perfect fit they ended up sticking thru and I just dremeled them off.

I'm putting in an order around the 30th for a chassis and other goodies from M2C. I would've done it this week but Amber's b-day is Monday and she wanted her truck.
You won’t regret it. I have two of chassis’s and motor mounts. Their stuff is top notch, I’m sure the bracing system is really nice too. Looks like they have pillow ball cups as well. Not sure if I need the shocks as I really like the stock set up. Wish they’d machine some aluminum shock ends. Good luck with your setup!

That's a great question and one that I asked @Mitchell looper from M2C before I bought mine. The counter sink holes are made so that all stock screws will work fine, so no need to worry about adding anything longer.
You don’t ruin your screw heads like the stock chassis, well not as fast anyway.

Did you need to go a bit longer than the longer screws RPM gives you with the bumper and skid? I was thinking there's a mm or two floating in between there.

Did you need to go a bit longer than the longer screws RPM gives you with the bumper and skid? I was thinking there's a mm or two floating in between there.
They come with screws, but I would have to check if they are longer than stock. I used what they packed and no issues so far. I think they are slightly longer, but to tell the truth, I started using longer back when I had T Bone bumpers, and never went back to the stock stubbies.

They come with screws, but I would have to check if they are longer than stock. I used what they packed and no issues so far. I think they are slightly longer, but to tell the truth, I started using longer back when I had T Bone bumpers, and never went back to the stock stubbies.

I think I confused you a bit. The RPM bumpers do come with longer screws. I was asking if you needed longer than those screws since the bumper/skid sits on top of the countersinks in the chassis.

I think I confused you a bit. The RPM bumpers do come with longer screws. I was asking if you needed longer than those screws since the bumper/skid sits on top of the countersinks in the chassis.
That's a good question, but RPM addressed that too. The bottom of the skid and bumpers is also dimpled to fill the cavity in the counter sink of the chassis. So you only need a slightly longer screw to accommodate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back