Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that as well. So far though I've not bent a chassis. If I want to not straighten stock shock towers for weakening, I can get em replaced front and back for $7.50 from Jenny RC.
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...luminum-anodized-ar106021?variant=33109431302
I bet you dollars to donuts that your chassis is bent. It may be just a slight bend that's hard to see but if you bent the shock towers chances are the chassis is bent too. The next time you strip the truck, check it out. I've bent every chassis on my trucks: Kraton, Notorious, Typhon and Talion. Running the Markhor top plate really helped keep it minor. And I do tend to send ????

I bet you dollars to donuts that your chassis is bent. It may be just a slight bend that's hard to see but if you bent the shock towers chances are the chassis is bent too. The next time you strip the truck, check it out. I've bent every chassis on my trucks: Kraton, Notorious, Typhon and Talion. Running the Markhor top plate really helped keep it minor. And I do tend to send ????
And this is why I decided to go for the Voltage towers. After reading members experiences of them bending the stockers and causing damage to other parts.

Yes you can try to straighten them out but they will never be 100% true. For me it's a preventative move until I decide on the M2C chassis at least for the longer Kraton.

Well I am glad to have found this thread, I recently picked up a 2019 model Kraton and was looking to find out if chassis change out was still needed. I am going to go with Voltage hobbies braces and shock towers, prolly will change the chassis. Sheesh it adds up quickly, but I am hating putting all the dang weight on Tekno ET48.3 when it gets raced also.

Between the M2C and Justbashitrc Chassis which is the preferred one? Both are close in price

The 2019 Kraton chassis is no different than the previous versions. If u bash hard they can bend like all the rest. Landing bad can tweek them. That T2T brace can bend too. Seen many chassis taco on YouTube.

As far as aftermarket chassis it's on u what to buy, anyone of them is upgrade over stock.

Yes it can add up quickly but you can keep it stock and hammer out bent aluminium or spend some cash to make it more bulletproof.

The factors are cost, weight, maintenance, durability.

On one side you have (mc2)
More cost
More weight
More durability
No maintenance time

And on the other (stock)
No extra cost
No extra weight
Less durability
More maintenance time

It depends on what you want to do with it and how you handle it. There's no real correct answer IMHO

Let's say you were racing or needed a lighter truck to pull off some stunt, you might prefer the stock chassis hands down all day long. If you're bashing hard and don't know what the F you are doing like me:)
you might want to start saving for that mc2!
Personally right now I'm putting my stock parts through hell u till I know what I personally break.
Now look at what Rich Duberbash does with a (basically) stock V4 Kraton, Amazing!!
What you might not think about when you watch his video is how long would that kraton last if an amateur was driving.
My point is if your skill level is high you can get away with stock parts for a longer time before they break or bend.

The 2019 Kraton chassis is no different than the previous versions. If u bash hard they can bend like all the rest. Landing bad can tweek them. That T2T brace can bend too. Seen many chassis taco on YouTube.

As far as aftermarket chassis it's on u what to buy, anyone of them is upgrade over stock.

Yes it can add up quickly but you can keep it stock and hammer out bent aluminium or spend some cash to make it more bulletproof.
The factors are cost, weight, maintenance, durability.

On one side you have (mc2)
More cost
More weight
More durability
No maintenance time

And on the other (stock)
No extra cost
No extra weight
Less durability
More maintenance time

It depends on what you want to do with it and how you handle it. There's no real correct answer IMHO

Let's say you were racing or needed a lighter truck to pull off some stunt, you might prefer the stock chassis hands down all day long. If you're bashing hard and don't know what the F you are doing like me:)
you might want to start saving for that mc2!
Personally right now I'm putting my stock parts through hell u till I know what I personally break.
Now look at what Rich Duberbash does with a (basically) stock V4 Kraton, Amazing!!
What you might not think about when you watch his video is how long would that kraton last if an amateur was driving.
My point is if your skill level is high you can get away with stock parts for a longer time before they break or bend.

Thank you both for the response, I am debating now between the M2C and Justbashitrc chassis. My Tekno ET48.3 has all M2C braces and Wide chassis on it and some diff cases. I do like M2C just wondering how much stronger having the side milled into the chassis and being 1mm thicker on the bottom will make. I don't mind to spend the money but I like to just do it once lol... Anyone on here post anything about the Justbashitrc chassis. Can't seem to find much on them, I know there shock towers look nice but they are starting to get a little $$

Heck just noticed also the M2C is 7075 like all his other chassis's are, however the Just Bash it RC is only 6061.

Last edited:
Just Bash It chassis and shock towers are very nice, well made, not stamped, but machined from a solid block of aluminum. A tad heavier than m2C or stock, but more or less bullet proof. Holes in chassis are countersunk, so you use the same screws as stock.

I've been wondering if it would be possible to epoxy glue aluminium or carbon fiber bars, plates, L or T-profiles to the chassis to reinforce it. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Just priced the chasis, 8mm shock towers and chasis braces for my Outcast 6s 2018 version from just bash it. $332 with shipping. I paid $399 out the door for my truck. It's almost as much as a second outcast. Interesting. Very interesting. I wouldn't mind the small bend from the chassis (the stock one). What if I just get the chasis braces and the 8mm towers? It looks like it makes a little more sense to me at $184.

Just priced the chasis, 8mm shock towers and chasis braces for my Outcast 6s 2018 version from just bash it. $332 with shipping. I paid $399 out the door for my truck. It's almost as much as a second outcast. Interesting. Very interesting. I wouldn't mind the small bend from the chassis (the stock one). What if I just get the chasis braces and the 8mm towers? It looks like it makes a little more sense to me at $184.
Just get the braces and towers.

An aftermarket chassis is a good investment. Since switching to an M2C, the amount of front end hits that would have destroyed a stock one, make it one of my best purchases. Things are gonna break, but the chassis can absorb a lot of force which helps keep damage down. JMO

Did anyone break or bend a V4 t2t brace yet?
T2T's have broken. Yet mine is straight as an arrow. Not even a twist. They are cheap in any event. But, I also have HR braces front and rears. My big air only gets to 20ft, though. And I do rough land. I am not doing 50+ footers like @RichDuperbash. ( the master)(y) Even he replaces numerous parts between most bashes.
I would rather destroy many OE chassis and hammer them out a few times each before replacing with same again vs an M2C. M2C chassis cannot be re-bent back effectively like the OE. What a $loss$. Also, aside from user error in general, a lot depends on which 6S variant you are running, LWB or SWB. I feel the M2C might be more beneficial as a LWB chassis.
In the end we all have differing requirements and expectations on performance and durability. Sharing experiences is great, yet purely subjective at some point.:)
I am referring to my 2019 Kraton specifically. I have less issues with my 2018 Noto. which is upgraded to 2019 specs. (SWB) But I drive it less.

Last edited:
To me I just want to make my Krat and Outcast as bulletproof as possible. Don't need or want any other 6s rigs. So will concentrate on these. Don't mind the time or money to do the upgrades I want.

I have some Voltage parts and waiting on more to come. Eventually will get the m2c chassis for both. I'd rather pay up front than rather break stuff and keep fixing. I definitely don't want to have to hammer out parts when they bend over and over. And why replace weak parts with the same weak parts.

To each their own. I also want to learn about these 2 new trucks and what better way than to upgrade and start wrenching. Some may say overkill but hey its my money and what I want to do.

Chassis, chassis bracess, shock towers, servo mount are the plan. If anything along the way breaks, I'll upgrade that too if possible. Any hobby costs money, this is a drop in the bucket. I spent 10s of thousands on race cars and hotrods in my time.

I completely agree already bent the t2t on my V4 Kraton. And have the m2c chassis on both the Outcast and the V3 Kraton. With the m2c there is no need to run the t2t. Love me some m2c.

Enjoyed your vid, you're having too much fun. Your aerial control is impressive and got a kick out of running over the Slash.

Trust you me, that m2c chassis is staring me in the face. It's just hard to pull the plug on some heavy coin. It's quality for sure.

Trust you me, that m2c chassis is staring me in the face. It's just hard to pull the plug on some heavy coin. It's quality for sure.

I admit it is a lot of coin, but I am breaking fewer parts now with it. It is essentially leaving me to break arms or the rear wing mount, unless I do something really stupid. ?. And to top that you can bash the hell out of it and not worry about the chassis bending. Thanks for the comments trying to add some good content. Bash on ??

I admit it is a lot of coin, but I am breaking fewer parts now with it. It is essentially leaving me to break arms or the rear wing mount, unless I do something really stupid. ?. And to top that you can bash the hell out of it and not worry about the chassis bending. Thanks for the comments trying to add some good content. Bash on ??
Can you use the factory screws to transfer everything over? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back