Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys use alu chassis braces and a tower-to-tower brace?

Are they both needed or would one or the other suffice?

Reason I ask is that I like my bling to have a tangible impact on performance. :)
I couldn't care less about bling, but now run Hot Racing aluminum chassis supports with a tower to tower on all 4 of my Arrmas, 2 Outcasts, 1 Kraton, 1 Typhon (no tower on Typhon). They have been flawless thus far. I'm a firm believer in the tower to tower due to Arrmas current wingmount design having vulnerability under extreme wing landings. Have broken stock plastic supports despite tower brace. Do tend to bash hard and jump as big as possible within reason.
D1AE0B19317BF4D2FF938A0EA6FB5228.jpg

Do you guys use alu chassis braces and a tower-to-tower brace?

Are they both needed or would one or the other suffice?

Reason I ask is that I like my bling to have a tangible impact on performance. :)
I didn't think it was possible to snap a chassis brace with a T to T brace but proved myself wrong on the weekend. Broke the rear one on the Kraton.
Has any one ever snapped a front stock chassis brace ??

I didn't think it was possible to snap a chassis brace with a T to T brace but proved myself wrong on the weekend. Broke the rear one on the Kraton.
Has any one ever snapped a front stock chassis brace ??
Yes, it's possible, I did it not long ago in the Kraton and Outcast. Tried to hold out thinking just the rear needed it, got proven wrong...Lol. Better to upgrade before breakage. Bent the front red top plate a bit. Nothing is totally bulletproof, but feel more secure now with tower to tower and both HR chassis braces. Just can't see them snapping unless you rammed a wall or something.

Yes, it's possible, I did it not long ago in the Kraton and Outcast. Tried to hold out thinking just the rear needed it, got proven wrong...Lol. Better to upgrade before breakage. Bent the front red top plate a bit. Nothing is totally bulletproof, but feel more secure now with tower to tower and both HR chassis braces. Just can't see them snapping unless you rammed a wall or something.
Nice !! I might change her over then. I just like the stock one with the clip for the cables. Might just zip tie them to the brace. Cheers !!

... I'm a firm believer in the tower to tower due to Arrmas current wingmount design having vulnerability under extreme wing landings. Have broken stock plastic supports despite tower brace. Do tend to bash hard and jump as big as possible within reason.

Have you run without a wing? Just thinking if that's a weak spot, will it be detrimental to not use it?

Have you run without a wing? Just thinking if that's a weak spot, will it be detrimental to not use it?
The wing is a wearable item in my eyes that helps absorb some impact and protect both the rear body and tower ears. I've only ran without it for short periods after snapping it off from flail landings. The Kraton absolutely needs a wing or a full coverage body to protect the towers. I run wings with wheelie bars on the Outcast, Kraton, and Typhon now for better rear protection. Can't recall what thread it was, but Camo and I were sharing pictures of bent rear chassis. The vulnerability is if your rear support fails, your tower pitches forward, cracks your diff case, and bends the rear chassis upwards at the front/rear suspension mount. Tower to tower brace plus aluminum chassis supports plus intact rear wing/mount is my rolling motto now.

Man if the wife knew how much money I had in my Kraton she would try to have me committed. Lol. Ordering HR braces now that I read threw this. Just curious I'm still running the stock hubs or axle carriers whatever you want to call them. Don't really see a need to switch to the HR Aluminum's. What about you guys?

Last edited:
Man if the wife knew how much money I had in my Kraton she would try to have me committed. Lol. Ordering HR braces now that I read threw this. Just curious I'm still running the stock hubs or axle carriers whatever you want to call them. Don't really see a need to switch to the HR Aluminum's. What about you guys?
I only add aluminum if I feel it's necessary. Don't feel it is for those parts. The weight of aluminum starts to add up...Lol. The bigger thing is I like the pillow balls to be able to pull through the front hubs with really bad wrecks and landings. It's much better than a breakage and an easy fix. Can't see that happening if they were aluminum.

I built a new tower-to-tower brace for my Outcast cause the old one didn't fit with the DEX8T towers that I've mounted!!! Thanks to my friend Rich Duperbash for the inspiration yeah!!!:)
I've also mounted the Hot Racing aluminum gear boxes...after 8 stock boxes destroyed its my last hope!!!:p

Attachments

• DSC_2514.JPG
    DSC_2514.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_2513.JPG
    DSC_2513.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_2511.JPG
    DSC_2511.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_2510.JPG
    DSC_2510.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 121
I built a new tower-to-tower brace for my Outcast cause the old one didn't fit with the DEX8T towers that I've mounted!!! Thanks to my friend Rich Duperbash for the inspiration yeah!!!:)
I've also mounted the Hot Racing aluminum gear boxes...after 8 stock boxes destroyed its my last hope!!!:p
Looks good bra !!!
I reckon I’ve been through just as many boxes as well. Just about to buy the HR gear boxes myself.
Let me know how they hold up after some serious beating. No one has really reviewed them :)

Looks good bra !!!
I reckon I’ve been through just as many boxes as well. Just about to buy the HR gear boxes myself.
Let me know how they hold up after some serious beating. No one has really reviewed them :)
So far so good for the HR diff case per "RC Bashing the Kraton" anyways. Wanted to update you about the TBR wingmount. Just snapped my second one without modification. One hard tail landing and see ya...Lol. Cracked right through the bracket holes at the tower on both sides. Love TBR, but definitely cannot recommend their "Wing Bracket".

So far so good for the HR diff case per "RC Bashing the Kraton" anyways. Wanted to update you about the TBR wingmount. Just snapped my second one without modification. One hard tail landing and see ya...Lol. Cracked right through the bracket holes at the tower on both sides. Love TBR, but definitely cannot recommend their "Wing Bracket".
Thanks man !!! Pissed ! I thought the wing mount looked like a awesome idea. All good !! I’m keen as to get the HR Gearbox cases, pricy though we pay $15 each for the stock and $80 each for the HR delivered. I think I’ll still use the T to T brace. I think the only weak part will be the plastic wing /chassis brace mount. Maybe snapped screws ?

Thanks so much bro!!! I'm at work now or would send detailed pics. I use same 1/2" round aluminum stock on both of my Outcasts, sells at Home Depot in 3 foot lengths. Simply notch each end with a file edge or cutting tool if careful. Front rests on top of tower, rear rests against center tower upright on top of wing mount system. Zip tie to secure. I added a rubber plug to provide some cushion in back, not really necessary. Do recommend placing a dense square foam piece under rear brace on top of wing mount. Measure twice and cut once, go slow so it fits right.View attachment 10228 View attachment 10229 View attachment 10231 View attachment 10228 View attachment 10229 View attachment 10230

Your chassis brace is inspiring, seems efficient and simple. I'll do something similar on my Kraton I think.
I also purchased GPM front & rear braces, what do you guys think about this brand?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back