Kraton Extendo Kraton 4s v2. With a 6s center diff and a Fireteam body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
Awhile back I built this truck
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/xxl-granite-vorteks-typhon-thing.40796/

And then recently @King blitz started talking about building an extendo himself which got me wanting to do another one using the new k4s chassis! And then @Tex Koder is in the process of making one as well!! I think all 3 are going to be very different from each other which is cool. Looking forward to seeing the other 2

Link to @Tex Koder thread (his will be more sophisticated than mine without a doubt) https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/project-srx.55715/#post-815251

I already knew just about exactly how I was going to approach it since I did it last time and made some mistakes. So the past couple days I got some solid work in on it but I have some more to go. But the chassis is together! Something to figure out is a body for this long boi. Limitless looks kinda cool but I'm not totally sold. Haven't run it yet but really looking forward to it

Currently running
Max 5 / tp 4060 2650 kv
4s zee 9000 mah
Kraton 4s v2 Chassis x2 / Hubs / Arms / Turnbuckles/ Shocks
Backflip LP Tires

165048FD-2E2F-4D03-9268-585F7A4E6001.jpeg
5A2D545E-5498-4DF3-A66B-B8C1AA24FAD3.jpeg
4677FF3D-1AC3-45B7-8180-5F8CBE382C02.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like you are right on track and way ahead of the pack on custom fabricating an eXtendo chassis!
Great job 🍺👍

Damn Stephen you barely took off much on one chassis..looks almost like 2 full chassis minus the diff bridges..geez that's longer than a limitless .. 👍🤟
Yessir!!! Shes longer than a Mojave as well lolol. I used 2 of the new XLWB center shafts and even then they don't fit super snug together so I might try to add a little something inside one of them to push it further towards the other.
Looks like you are right on track and way ahead of the pack on custom fabricating an eXtendo chassis!
Great job 🍺👍
:devilish: Thank you sir

Yessir!!! Shes longer than a Mojave as well lolol. I used 2 of the new XLWB center shafts and even then they don't fit super snug together so I might try to add a little something inside one of them to push it further towards the other.

:devilish: Thank you sir

How about "stretching" the springs in the driveshafts a bit (in Both) to make them poke out some more. That should give you the needed fix?
Simple solution to try..

Had to put off my extendo build for a bit untill next week .really busy at work and with my son's soccer games been crazy.your build looks great so far . can't wait to see what you'll use for a cover.not sure you'll find anything that long lol.im waiting on my BR cover to come in .my freind at his work has a nice computer program and we have been looking at 2 options on how I want to extend the BR body.like I mentioned.its either going to be a extra cab added or a longer bed which is what I'm leaning on more to right now.as for body color I'm not sure.
How about "stretching" the springs in the driveshafts a bit (in Both) to make them poke out some more. That should give you the needed fix?
Simple solution to try..
Good idea
Tex shows us your extendo build..I'll get pics up as soon as I get on it ..

Last edited:
Simple solution to try..
That is a perfect simple solution! Genius! Love it

Had to put off my extendo build for a bit untill next week .really busy at work and with my son's soccer games been crazy.your build looks great so far . can't wait to see what you'll use for a cover.not sure you'll find anything that long lol.im waiting on my BR cover to come in .my freind at his work has a nice computer program and we have been looking at 2 options on how I want to extend the BR body.like I mentioned.its either going to be a extra cab added or a longer bed which is what I'm leaning on more to right now.as for body color I'm not sure.

Good idea
Tex shows us your extendo build..I'll get pics up as soon as I get on it ..
Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours and how the body comes out. I really have no idea what to do about mine but I am going to my local hobby shop today to see if I can get any ideas. I measured this morning and the front and rear body posts are about 22 inches apart lol.

I was thinking also I can't even think about cutting up a chassis yet untill that cover comes in.i need to extend cover first and use that as a reference point.only because I'm limited on how much I can remove from that second body cover.if I extend the bed then there is only a few inches I could use before going into the fender flares and I really don't want to do that..body work gets to be more time consuming if I do.ill have to keep staring at it untill a light 💡 pops up🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is a perfect simple solution! Genius! Love it

Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours and how the body comes out. I really have no idea what to do about mine but I am going to my local hobby shop today to see if I can get any ideas. I measured this morning and the front and rear body posts are about 22 inches apart lol.
22" wow .just like my girl says "that's long" 🤣🤣🤣
Isn't that about where the limitless stands at?post to post?also since your building the chassis first finding a cover without modifying it is going to be hard.don't you think? Unless you make yours a long school bus lol
Both of you are going to finish your xxxtendo builds before me.but I promise I will also and keep updating.maybey start a build thread so I can record progress.and I'll need both of you guys to stick around because questions will be asked as I move forward.

Last edited:

Isn't that about where the limitless stands at?post to post?also since your building the chassis first finding a cover without modifying it is going to be hard.don't you think? Unless you make yours a long school bus lol
Both of you are going to finish your xxxtendo builds before me.but I promise I will also and keep updating.maybey start a build thread so I can record progress.and I'll need both of you guys to stick around because questions will be asked as I move forward.
Really not sure what the limitless post measurement is but considering my picture with the limitless body sitting on it and it not being even close to the rear posts I would say the limitless posts aren't 22 inches lol. But I just wanted to build a long boi, body was always planned to come after, I will figure something out, or just say the hell with it and run it with no body! Who knows.

Really not sure what the limitless post measurement is but considering my picture with the limitless body sitting on it and it not being even close to the rear posts I would say the limitless posts aren't 22 inches lol. But I just wanted to build a long boi, body was always planned to come after, I will figure something out, or just say the hell with it and run it with no body! Who knows.
Took a closer look and yes your correct.you need a body to complete it..they go hand and hand.one compliments the other
Did Tex start his build yet?

Took a closer look and yes your correct.you need a body to complete it..they go hand and hand.one compliments the other
Did Tex start his build yet?
Hes has a build thread. That I linked at the top of this thread.

2E82C16C-DC75-4E30-85B8-0151FB188D0D.jpeg

So I think I figured out my body!! I had transformed my fireteam into something else and so the body hasn't been getting used. I was like hey maybe that will fit on it and ooooo baby! It'll be getting an outcast 8s wing on it to balance the size a bit more and I might try to either paint the cage or do something with it other than the nets that are on it now

View attachment 248055
So I think I figured out my body!! I had transformed my fireteam into something else and so the body hasn't been getting used. I was like hey maybe that will fit on it and ooooo baby! It'll be getting an outcast 8s wing on it to balance the size a bit more and I might try to either paint the cage or do something with it other than the nets that are on it now
Sweet..I say paint the roll cage red and put some sheet metal on that bad boy 🤟👍😆
Sweet..I say paint the roll cage red and put some sheet metal on that bad boy 🤟👍😆
Silver roll cage would look nice to.and a few G.I Joe action figures inside holding machine guns🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm envisioning -

Rusted out OD Green cage with
a couple of Halo ODSTs shouldering a M41 and manning a Vulcan minigun

1200px-ODST_UpliftReserve07.jpg

M41 - Double Barrel Bazooka
Real-Halo-Rocket-Launcher-screenshot.png

Get some!!

I'm envisioning -

Rusted out OD Green cage with
a couple of Halo ODSTs shouldering a M41 and manning a Vulcan minigun

View attachment 248063

M41 - Double Barrel Bazooka
View attachment 248064

Get some!!
dude........Master Chief is literally my hero lol. Never loved a fictional character like him, goku is damn close though. I think those 2 are loved by a lot of guys. Now I must do green

dude........Master Chief is literally my hero lol. Never loved a fictional character like him, goku is damn close though. I think those 2 are loved by a lot of guys. Now I must do green
This is pure insanity..but I love it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤟👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back