Granite Chassis dust cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m interested to see the stuff in the second paragraph!! Any pics? I saw your original post about bonding the Velcro...good stuff!!
Ok, when we land. Off to Washington state!

Thanks for posting the link, I impulsively purchased it , will post if it fits my 3S Typhon.
Does it fit? yes and no..... if I put it on so it unzips from the front, it doesn't reach across the chassis, and to keep the body mounts uncovered I have to keep it 1/4 of the way unzipped. I flipped it around the other way and it actually sorta works....only problem being it is "really" tight, and in the 90 degree heat we were having, it started to pull the velcro off the chassis.

Quality: for the 7 bucks I paid for it, its actually not bad, I'd buy it again.

Pictures: (both chassis are 3S Typhons, LWB)
1: $7 cover (front)
2: $7 cover (side)
3: $7 cover on left vs $19 RaidenRacing cover on right
4: My warranty replaced RadienRacing cover is doing it again, but worse this time. I'll have to try your suggestion with a lighter or a heat gun to stop the fraying....

PXL_20210606_222859104.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210606_222737942.jpg
PXL_20210606_222838953.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210606_222504451.jpg

Does it fit? yes and no..... if I put it on so it unzips from the front, it doesn't reach across the chassis, and to keep the body mounts uncovered I have to keep it 1/4 of the way unzipped. I flipped it around the other way and it actually sorta works....only problem being it is "really" tight, and in the 90 degree heat we were having, it started to pull the velcro off the chassis.

Quality: for the 7 bucks I paid for it, its actually not bad, I'd buy it again.

Pictures: (both chassis are 3S Typhons, LWB)
1: $7 cover (front)
2: $7 cover (side)
3: $7 cover on left vs $19 RaidenRacing cover on right
4: My warranty replaced RadienRacing cover is doing it again, but worse this time. I'll have to try your suggestion with a lighter or a heat gun to stop the fraying....

View attachment 150848 View attachment 150849View attachment 150850View attachment 150855
It seems to help. I dislike nylon fraying on anything so do the lighter trick often and don’t have unraveling issues. Will also put a drop of gel superglue on seem connections, starts and stops, and rub it in.

Sorry but they just look like heat retainers. I struggle to keep my Arrma cool so don't think they are for me.
I get that, totally. Though it works great now, when high 90s+ hit I’m sure it will hinder. Once we hit the high 80s+ I drive different though. 5-8 min runs then park and rest for 5 min, fans on, and chill or run another car. I also blow powder dust build up out of the dust cover itself when it rests.

I am thinking on a solution for when temps get hot. It’s worth the hassle for me, dust and gravel are so bad here. We don’t have snow, just awful white powder dust.

Redcat makes one for the Kaiju, may fit.

Sounds like a solid solution for you. Winter here now. We don't get snow but it gets cold and no dust issues this time of year for me.
Nice! Where are you at? Other side of the world from me it seems lol.
No dust?? Wow I can’t even imagine life without dust.
I've looked at covers on Amazon, actually bought the RaidenRacing version of it for my 3S typhon. The quality is OK, but they don't do anything to keep the factory cut edges from fraying, and it quickly started to unravel. They did warranty replacement so no complaints there ( although they did blame me for it first "thou shall not remove once installed", so what's the point of the velcro? ) Anyway the new one was treated with my wife's "no-fray" stuff, and so far its staying together. I've been keeping an eye out for an equivalent, I really like the looks of quality of the DustyMotors covers, just cant pull the trigger... they are pricey, plus the shipping adds up. Thanks for posting the link, I impulsively purchased it , will post if it fits my 3S Typhon.
🤔Wife’s ‘no fray stuff’? What is it exactly?

i don't know if u guys are looking for a "dust" guard or just dirt and rock
if it's small rocks and overall dirt, i think some kind of cover at front and back will do and it won't affect the heat dissipation i think. i haven't done anything but i'm thinking about connecting smth to the body and just hang it somewhere on the chassis

Last edited:
For those interested, here's a shot of my Typhon and Granite sporting, respectively, the Universal L and Universal M+ covers by Dusty Motors. They're very good quality and do a great job keeping out debris and (potentially driveshaft-ruining) pebbles and the like -- at the cost of trapping some degree(s) of heat.

20210610_223335.jpg

Keep in mind that, for the price, you also get an ample amount of good-quality velcro tape, extra material to make a number of shock-socks, as well as a small sheet of stickers.

🤔Wife’s ‘no fray stuff’? What is it exactly?
Its essentially a very light or watery glue used by dressmakers or seamstresses ( plural of seamstress, hard to spell, even harder to say). Dries clear so you cant see it, keeps the material from falling apart at the cut line, though I think its usually only a temporary stop as those edges would be rolled into a sewn seam (I think, never ran a sewing machine in my life)
no-fray-.jpg

Its essentially a very light or watery glue used by dressmakers or seamstresses ( plural of seamstress, hard to spell, even harder to say). Dries clear so you cant see it, keeps the material from falling apart at the cut line, though I think its usually only a temporary stop as those edges would be rolled into a sewn seam (I think, never ran a sewing machine in my life) View attachment 151456
Sweet and thanks! My wife can sew very well. You just gave me an idea, with the one I have that I’m gonna put on the vorteks I just ordered, I’ll have her sew reinforcement areas where my current one is wearing faster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back