Outcast Chassis Protector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I didn't want to share this until I throughly tested it, I have a stock chassis still?, and although have RPM skid plates f/r I still had a ton of scratches accumulating due to my primary bash spot the skate park.

After testing different adhesive films (frisket, stickers), I have found the best route is something most of us have on hand, Gorilla Tape!
20190814_110428.jpg

The problem at first was how to apply it without having to remove every screw, and tediously cutting out screw holes with this
20190814_110508.jpg

Being an airbrush artist as my job, I have plenty of sharp blades, but this also means I know how hard it is to cut tiny perfect circles. But I had a solution for that on hand too!
20190814_110519.jpg

20190814_110527.jpg

20190814_110537.jpg

This is a Fiskars swivel cutter that you can set the depth, and works best on flat surfaces. I also have traditional xacto swivel knives too, but those never work as intended for circles, and are mainly useful for cutting curves. Anyways, a good thorough cleaning of the chassis and the Gorilla Tape has lasted for 3 weeks, and still in this condition as of today. It's been through everything, even cleaning with simple green, wd40, water, sand, and blowing off with the air compressor. It's still there, and not a new scratch to be had. You can do it with an xacto, but it will be a bear. Worth it though, and something I will be applying to my m2c chassis when I get it. ??

good idea. You must have some sick bodies if you airbrush for a living.

Why bother cutting out the screws? I'd pull the tape when needed and use fresh tape. Maintain the full cover on the bottom instead of opening a dozen small places where the tape can lift, dirt get in, etc.

Why bother cutting out the screws? I'd pull the tape when needed and use fresh tape. Maintain the full cover on the bottom instead of opening a dozen small places where the tape can lift, dirt get in, etc.
I agree here, tape is cheap. Even if a screw backs out, its likely to stay behind the tape. Keep everything sealed better too. ?

About the holes, that is my entire point of the pics. Not a single part of it has lifted, and it has 20 packs on it. If you're not doing any mantinence in that long, I fear for your rig. And yeah, tape is cheap, but so are a majority of things in this hobby, until it all starts to add up, and a penny here or there can add up to a new "dream" part or even rig after awhile.
Only shelf queens have scratchless chassis' ??
Oh she's no Queen, this is for survival's sake, that stock chassis is so soft I was gonna cut thru it with too many slaps on concrete. BTW how does the m2c hold up to scratches from gravel, or the occasional stray boulder you didn't see (you know those baseball sized gravel hiding that are just enough to make you go ?)?

Last edited:
About the holes, that is my entire point of the pics. Not a single part of it has lifted, and it has 20 packs on it. If you're not doing any mantinence in that long, I fear for your rig. And yeah, tape is cheap, but so are a majority of things in this hobby, until it all starts to add up, and a penny here or there can add up to a new "dream" part or even rig after awhile.

Oh she's no Queen, this is for survival's sake, that stock chassis is so soft I was gonna cut thru it with too many slaps on concrete. BTW how does the m2c hold up to scratches from gravel, or the occasional stray boulder you didn't see (you know those baseball sized gravel hiding that are just enough to make you go ?)?
She's getting lighter everyday??
thumbnail (8).jpg

how often do your skids need replacing
Depends on the terrain. Front is original from June. Rear is already the second from the same time. Gravel and rocks at the construction site where I usually bash, put a real beating on the rear. Same with jumping off my plastic covered ramps. It's a cheap part, and completely protects the screws until it wears pretty thin. Already have a third rear skid ready to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back