chassis skid plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
I’m going to be racing my v3 3s Typhon locally against mostly 4s powered cars. How durable is the stock plastic chassis? I don’t want want to add any unnecessary weight if it’s not needed? I know I’ll be getting some chassis slap when jumping, etc, especially since I’m a noob and don’t want to damage anything ok. thanks

Last edited:
I’m going to be racing my v3 3s Typhon locally against mostly 4s powered cars. How durable is the stock plastic chassis? I don’t want want to add any unnecessary weight if it’s not needed? I know I’ll be getting some chassis slap when jumping, etc, especially since I’m a noob and don’t want to damage anything ok. thanks
To be honest I do not think I have seen anyone wear through their chassis, just people breaking them completely.

To be honest I do not think I have seen anyone wear through their chassis, just people breaking them completely.
thanks. That is reallly good to know Arrma plastic is strong and durable.it probably helps that it rarely gets below 60 degrees here from March though September. I want the 3s to hold up as I’ll give it to my son when he graduates from middle school in around a year and a half and upgrade to whatever 6s version 1/8th scale buggy Arrrma has available then. thanks

Last edited:
I had almost 2 years of running on this chassis before it broke. I ran it mostly on a dirt rc track. The last few packs were in gravel.

20201206_145653.jpg

Back