Typhon Chassis skins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myster_E

Reaction score
Does anyone else do this? I'm too cheap to spend money on those cool skins you can get but I always have a roll of gorilla tape handy. Looks good and does the same thing those skins do. Do the same with my Infraction. Stick it on in strips, use a hobby knife to clean up the edges, hit it with a heat gun to make sure it's stuck good!

PXL_20211028_033240397.jpg

I don't believe in those expensive skins myself. Chassis Scratches mean nothing to me anyway.
Gorilla Tape is one alternative if you are so inclined. May work for you.(y) Just when you remove it, it leaves a sticky mess. I know I have chassis slapped my rigs so hard. I don't think any cover will prevent scratches.
I prefer all my screws accessible.
Just me.:cool:

Does anyone else do this? I'm too cheap to spend money on those cool skins you can get but I always have a roll of gorilla tape handy. Looks good and does the same thing those skins do. Do the same with my Infraction. Stick it on in strips, use a hobby knife to clean up the edges, hit it with a heat gun to make sure it's stuck good!

View attachment 176507
I don't do it to my chassis but I will at times cover my mud guards with painter tape. Im not your typical basher. I like just shredding up parks and some loose dirt doing roosts and whatever. I never send it to the moon. I got DIY mud guards with stickers on them that can get messed up easily so I sometimes cover them with tape. ( I can almost feel Steve🆙 rolling his eyes and shaking his head at me right now) HAHAHA

Yeah those mud guards get so caked up with crud, don't they?:LOL: I use a paint scraper to get them clean .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back