Kraton Chassis stiffener

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanning

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I cobbled this together tonight...it seems like it may do the trick. The aluminum rod is notched in the back and has a hole through it. There is a zip tie around it. In the front....I drilled a small hole in the shock tower and threaded it, then drilled a hole in the front of the aluminum rod. I added a rubber cap just because. Then I screw in through the threaded hole, through the rubber cap and down into the hole in the rod. It wedges the rod in there nice. It all fits under my real low body. The Kraton already feels better with this mod.
upload_2016-9-19_20-16-10.png

upload_2016-9-19_20-17-6.png

upload_2016-9-19_20-17-40.png

upload_2016-9-19_20-18-0.png

That looks pretty good! I was thinking of doing something similar, let us know how it works out. Also, what body do you have there?

Looks like Proline bulldog, but what vehicle is it meant for?

The chassis stiffener is a keeper....The Kraton seems to perform well with it in. The orange Tekno springs are great also...I have the stock weight oil in the shocks and now 200k silicon in the center diff. Also the wheelie bar ...loving it.

I don't have my Kraton roller yet, but could you measure the length of the brace? Would like to have materials on hand for initial tesrdown... please..thanks

I know the 2 shock towers are 15 1/2 inches apart. If you use a big truck body....it's much easier to attach a chassis brace up higher on the towers. But you are already going with a truggy body.

Last edited:
Thanks,, got the Tekno yellow/orange springs, MT4 wheelie bar, servo stand offs, new sealed bearings, 50/500/10 diff fluid.. won't be much longer..

Sweet...sounds good. I got my brace coated with shrink wrap today, looks much better now.

brace1_zpsm3h6l5ia.jpg

It is 3/8 bar aluminum ....I get it at McMaster Carr online. I think I've seen it at Depot also. I had to use a few zip ties in the rear. If you look close, you see them holding the rod down. I wrapped 2 loose and one through and over the top of the rod.

I passed on them. I couldn't get sold on those braces. Once a low profile brace comes out that spans from front to back...that's where my loot goes. I didn't feel those braces took the flex out from the center of the chassis....so why bother. However....they do look incredible !!!!

Yeah.....not bad. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them.

Once someone spans those 2 braces together....that's when I get the credit card out.

Yeah.....not bad. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them.

Once someone spans those 2 braces together....that's when I get the credit card out.
Maybe just a thicker chassis would be the hot ticket,better than a brace as the load is evenly distributed.Come on aftermarket parts!!

I also got the GKA servo mount and braces and they made it feel like it is stiffer and handles better, today was 4s and trenchers, and 17 tooth pinion. Got rid of 17 tooth pinion went to 14 tooth and stock tires again, also have proline badlands and it's sick fast on them with 15 tooth... I want to run it on the 4s then 6s. I am considering racing ingredients it next season in the 1/8 scale buggy class everyone runs tekno and mugen losi...

Maybe just a thicker chassis would be the hot ticket,better than a brace as the load is evenly distributed.Come on aftermarket parts!!

I like the braces that run from the back to front shock bolts but they don't fit under the Mugen body I run. As of now...my cobbled up brace is working well for what I need. The chassis plate doesn't budge and the handling is better.

I have an Axis chassis stiffener for the Traxxis Slash 4x4. I have to examine that to see if it will bolt up into the Kraton. I'm just after a more factory look. It's a real nicely made, quality part which is what we all like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back