Kraton Chassis straightened out and sheared brace m4 screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyslwooko

Reaction score
After taking the rear brace and t2t brace off the chassis straightened out. Something else maybe bent then. Anf the chassis has a bunch of flexibility is it ok to extend the t2t for a little more length? And I also sheared the screw holding the rear center brace.

723BF08D-F083-45FF-9EDE-75227E0916C6.jpeg

5828A9F2-52C7-41F7-BA1A-48ED9B16CEFD.jpeg

B1973EF2-5F92-4625-98D2-E7FAC56E9444.jpeg

F9D11EA0-E54F-45CA-B796-C081E53C3507.jpeg

309B2C02-9302-48D7-8CE8-12725502B15F.jpeg

F6BD738A-CAC6-490B-975A-0B0A747B3414.jpeg

AE52DB7A-75CA-435D-BD23-4FC9E79F11D1.jpeg

B584F5EB-741B-4DC3-A03F-BF4A8DD975EC.jpeg

After taking the rear brace and t2t brace off the chassis straightened out. Something else maybe bent then. Anf the chassis has a bunch of flexibility is it ok to extend the t2t for a little more length? And I also sheared the screw holding the rear center brace.

View attachment 102869

View attachment 102870

View attachment 102871

View attachment 102872

View attachment 102873

View attachment 102874

View attachment 102875

View attachment 102876
I hate it when I have to dig out sheared off screws like that. Last time I snapped my #1 extractor. Need to grab a new set from HF.

That won’t fix anything. It broke the head off.
Well yes because the end of the bolt will come to the other side if it ever snaps you can remove it from the other side. thats ho i did it for the wing mount scres enough meat to remoe it fromt the other side

Well yes because the end of the bolt will come to the other side if it ever snaps you can remove it from the other side. thats ho i did it for the wing mount scres enough meat to remoe it fromt the other side
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Would be nice of that screw had a hex on the other end like a droop screw.

No need you just attch your drill tool on the butt of that screw and let the tool do the rest
Bs. The drill bit will miss because the brace us aluminum and the screw us steel. The drill will drill the easier part first
Bs. The drill bit will miss because the brace us aluminum and the screw us steel. The drill will drill the easier part first
I tried by hand

I tried by hand
No thats not what i mean. The screw would be longer and come out the other side and you can use vice grips or something else to turn the screw until it comes out no need to drill the mess

Good luck with that lol
I will get it out pretty easily with my screw extractor bits. I just need to go grab a fresh set because I broke my #1 and that’s the size that seems to work best with an M4 screw.

Well I tried to remove my screw just now and the screw extractor was too large to reach my screw. It was risking damaging the threads. So I decided since the other side is open, I would just try to drive it through. So from the bottom side, I used the smallest drill bit in my kit and kept stepping up sizes until the screw just threaded out the top side instead of drilling. The final bit was a 1/8.

Well I tried to remove my screw just now and the screw extractor was too large to reach my screw. It was risking damaging the threads. So I decided since the other side is open, I would just try to drive it through. So from the bottom side, I used the smallest drill bit in my kit and kept stepping up sizes until the screw just threaded out the top side instead of drilling. The final bit was a 1/8.
Brilliant. Glad this worked ??

Seems like a common problem for this brace... wonder why ?

I break that screw often. I don’t put locktite in it so I can remove it. Idk if the exb braces have the hole going through but you can use a long bolt and put a nut on top for easier removal when it breaks. If it’s stripped out all together dill a thru hole and use a long screw and bolt. You might dremel a little flat for the nut to set level. They should either use two screws or key it like the talion.

I break that screw often. I don’t put locktite in it so I can remove it. Idk if the exb braces have the hole going through but you can use a long bolt and put a nut on top for easier removal when it breaks. If it’s stripped out all together dill a thru hole and use a long screw and bolt. You might dremel a little flat for the nut to set level. They should either use two screws or key it like the talion.
I do plan on drilling it out to be able to run a bolt thru and nut the back side, but the top side is slanted and will need to be filed down to make the nut sit flat and not on an angle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back