Kraton Chassis upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think I noticed the serious bumper you have on there before. Is that another leftover from the out-of-business company that makes the full exterior cage for arrma’s?
T-Bone...

I don’t think I noticed the serious bumper you have on there before. Is that another leftover from the out-of-business company that makes the full exterior cage for arrma’s?
It looks like a T Bone Racing bumper: I have one on my Typhon 3s. T Bone is out of business.

Yup! TBone racing. I have quite a few left overs from them that I like. This one is actually the 3s typhon rear basher bumper. I like it on the front because it’s wide enough to protect the shocks/arms from ‘pole impacts’ at the park and also, because it’s wider at the base, works like droop screws in a way, slightly limiting the front shock extension.

Ive been thinking lately that I can make similar bumpers and chassis guards out of Kydex. I already make nice rock guards for the rear of my other 4s and 6s cars out of it. Comparing Kydex to TBone bumpers it seems like the same, or at least similar, material they used. Just need to learn how to bend it properly and also what the best thickness will be. Once I got it figured out, testing will determine if it works.

Yup! TBone racing. I have quite a few left overs from them that I like. This one is actually the 3s typhon rear basher bumper. I like it on the front because it’s wide enough to protect the shocks/arms from ‘pole impacts’ at the park and also, because it’s wider at the base, works like droop screws in a way, slightly limiting the front shock extension.

Ive been thinking lately that I can make similar bumpers and chassis guards out of Kydex. I already make nice rock guards for the rear of my other 4s and 6s cars out of it. Comparing Kydex to TBone bumpers it seems like the same, or at least similar, material they used. Just need to learn how to bend it properly and also what the best thickness will be. Once I got it figured out, testing will determine if it works.
Hell yeh!
do it jewish GIF

Hell yeh!
do it jewish GIF
I broke mine a couple months ago 🥴

Attachments

• A7311F87-BD42-445A-A458-F1BF24998CAF.jpeg
    A7311F87-BD42-445A-A458-F1BF24998CAF.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I’m using the M2C racing chassis bar. Highly recommended.
Do you still recommend now that you've had it for awhile? Any issues with chassis after installation? Be interesting to see how itcompars to the madlabs chassis brace?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back