Cheap Option to Vent Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I got so excited about a new set of wheels and tires for my race buggy I forgot to punch the tires before gluing them. I realized it right after I finished the last wheel. ? So off to HD I went to find the 3/16” brass tube everybody uses.

I couldn’t find a good piece of brass tube when at local Home Depot so I searched around until I saw something I thought would work.

1/4” OD compression inserts for $1.64
Cut the bell end off, chuck it up and used flat file to sharpen the OD and exacto to deburr the ID. WORKED GREAT!

3B16E4B1-67D7-40E1-B0CB-009A688A5361.jpeg
C8B59FDC-9E07-4E79-80C3-165C03894348.jpeg
DEA21B04-155A-4340-900B-6B4C62323B7D.jpeg

I had an old gun cleaning set with brass swabbing rod. I cut off the last 4" and have been using that after sharpening the end. Works like a champ.
I just bought some PL Badlands for Typhon and they came vinted!! No hole inside rim with one hole in outer tread! They finally got the memo!!

I had an old gun cleaning set with brass swabbing rod. I cut off the last 4" and have been using that after sharpening the end. Works like a champ.
I just bought some PL Badlands for Typhon and they came vinted!! No hole inside rim with one hole in outer tread! They finally got the memo!!
Yup - that was one set of tires I didn't need to vent.

Yes, the street is very dirty and the wheels can still fill with dirt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back