Kraton Cheap powerful charger ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi guys, firstly, you have helped me so much, I can't thank you enough, but like a vampire I need more, more, more...

I have a charging station consisting of 3 IMAX b6s and a monster PSU capable of huge amps.

As I was buying 6s for the Kraton I opted for 6s packs instead of 2x3s.

The thing is my current chargers will only reach 2.2 amp, the packs are turnigy 40c 5000mah. At 2.2amp I'm barely hitting half a C.

I know slow charging won't hurt but 2.5 hour charge time is too slow for me.

I don't want to spend a fortune but I need something with more guys.

Any cheap recommendations to help me hit at least 1c?

Thanks dudes

Check out the HTRC H150 duo 2x150w ac. It can simultaniously charge your lipo's at 1c, even more.
I have 2 of these so 4x6s lipo are fully charged within 1 hour. Never had any issues.
I have that charger as well in my car. It's an OK charger, but there are quite a few that have issues. Mine, on one channel, I can't decrease as the increase button doesn't work. I fiddled with it for an hour and somehow, it reset and works again. Not sure I'd want to rely on it as my only charger.

I have the hitec D7 in the house, it will do 2x200/2x20A on AC or DC. It's pretty pricey to buy, I won it used on ebay for $135.

In other charger threads, this one came up:
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=530

Since you have a good PSU, might want to just get one of those. Might want to read the manual though and make sure it puts out enough watts/amps for your needs on the voltage your PSU supplies. For $110, it would have been perfect in my car on 12VDC for what I do.

Thanks guys, I will check those chargers out, my budget is next to skint as I have spent nearly 600 in the last two weeks on my RC. The h150 charger looks fine, great price for a dual charger, not knowing the maths will it charge two 5000 6s packs at 5amp (1c)?

P = watts
I = current
V = voltage

P = IV

We know voltage and current. A 6S battery charges at around 25.2V and you want to charge @ 5A.

So, you need about 126W to charge one 6S battery @ 5A.

Another note, if you use a DC power supply, you need to take into account the conversion efficiency when sizing it.

Most AC/DC chargers are capable of charging at higher rates on DC vs AC.

Will my decision has to be sped up due to 2 of my imaxs going up in smoke, perhaps I overloaded them trying to charge the 6s packs yesterday. Thankfully my old accucel is working so my son can use his rock crawler in the snow.

I will order the HTR H150 Duo, looks like the best bang for the buck.

thanks fellas

Slightly different model but same specs. Hopefully it will arrive quickly.
Screenshot_20190201-154551.png

I have the C240. For output > 150W you do need to use a DC PSU.

You can charge 1x 6S @ ~5A on AC. Per channel max is 150W on AC or DC.

Oops, think I balls up. So will I be able to charge 2 6s at a time on DC?

You can charge 2 6S on AC, but you'll be limited to about 3A on each. If you use a DC PSU you could do about 5A on each.

That's a relief thanks. I made a huge cock up, I got the htrc modems totally mixed up. Seeing as my weekend runs will involve 4 lipos, 2x 5000 2s and 2 X 5000 6s perhaps I should mix them up to charge, 1x2s and 1x6s to keep the wattage down a bit

You just have to keep the total wattage < 150W on AC.

You can use the formula above to determine what combinations are possible to maximize wattage. Voltage for a 2S battery would be 8.4V.

For another 50 bucks you could triple the power. Just sayin'. Nothing like turning around 6 batteries in 30 minutes.

qty 2 hp server power supplies, $40 on ebay
isdt T6 charger, $75

That'll get you 600 watts, and the power supplies are good for plenty more if you ever wanted to add another T6 or maybe a different isdt charger.

For another 50 bucks you could triple the power. Just sayin'. Nothing like turning around 6 batteries in 30 minutes.

qty 2 hp server power supplies, $40 on ebay
isdt T6 charger, $75

That'll get you 600 watts, and the power supplies are good for plenty more if you ever wanted to add another T6 or maybe a different isdt charger.

Do you have any links by chance?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back