Cheap radio with longest range for speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird. They do seem like good people though. I had ordered a couple of the 4 channel receivers, and could not get them to bind. Contacted Radio Link, and they said the 4 channel will not work with the 6 channel radio, and sent me a new 6 channel receiver for free. If you get the 4 channel radio, and it does have the hop-up switch inside, I may order one, especially if it will bind with my current 6 channel receivers.

OK, I just received a new 4 channel Radio Link. I have not opened it up yet, to see if it has the magical up-power switch. I do have a rf meter thing around here somewhere. When I find it, I'm going to test the out put of the stock Tactic, the Radio Link 6 channel, with and without the 2 watt booster I have for it, and the new 4 channel Radio Link, before and after doing the internal switch thing, "if it has one". Should be interesting.o_O

OK, I just received a new 4 channel Radio Link. I have not opened it up yet, to see if it has the magical up-power switch. I do have a rf meter thing around here somewhere. When I find it, I'm going to test the out put of the stock Tactic, the Radio Link 6 channel, with and without the 2 watt booster I have for it, and the new 4 channel Radio Link, before and after doing the internal switch thing, "if it has one". Should be interesting.o_O
And?

Got my radio link Rx installed I'm my typhon and am very happy with the results (other than losing a screw). I have ran the car twice and have not have any of the previous glitching so the.issue seems to be in the bad spektrum hardware. I don't know about this magical switch though so I'll have to look into that.

has anyone tried the futaba 7px thinking about getting it and a bunch of the thermostat things... ill run them on all my cars so I don't have to check temps anymore I can just see it on my controller

I haven't done the testing yet. Still hunting for my Imersion power meter. I also have a RF Explorer meter, but too dumb to know how to use it right!;)

I haven't done the testing yet. Still hunting for my Imersion power meter. I also have a RF Explorer meter, but too dumb to know how to use it right!;)
also noticed the little range meter on the futaba 7px shows you when your getting to far away with the little battery meter looking bar at the top of the screen... that's awesome for speed runs if it works properly ! I know this isnt the cheaper controller if anything it's one of the more expensive ...I'm just looking to buy one and be done! for the price I think it's worth it at least for what it has to offer I'd stay away from the limited edition unless you just feel like flaunting it lol...the 4px is also nice idk man the choice is hard for me I'm just leaning twds the 7px I guess if I can catch a good deal on Ebay

also noticed the little range meter on the futaba 7px shows you when your getting to far away with the little battery meter looking bar at the top of the screen... that's awesome for speed runs if it works properly ! I know this isnt the cheaper controller if anything it's one of the more expensive ...I'm just looking to buy one and be done! for the price I think it's worth it at least for what it has to offer I'd stay away from the limited edition unless you just feel like flaunting it lol...the 4px is also nice idk man the choice is hard for me I'm just leaning twds the 7px I guess if I can catch a good deal on Ebay
Geez... $700 for a radio? Can I get netflix on that thing during the down time? Or hulu perhaps? Can it at least make me a sandwich?

Oh no, I'm sure it has all sorts of stuff. I don't use half the stuff my $120 radio has now!
it just all depends on what you want and can afford... I'm trying to get into speed runs and a few other crazy builds ...the 7px is alittle over kill but that's just how I like it and its gonna work great for what I need ... 4px is also good but if I'm gonna pay for a 4px it makes more sense to get the 7px for just a hundred or 2 more... i have found the 7px for as low as 5 on Ebay but I'm gonna keep working on the bids and see if I can get a good deal on one

Its def expensive. But I just found one on ebay for 5. Talked the guy down to 440 and it comes w 2 receivers. I bought it mainly for my associated kit cars, but obvi would like to run it w my typhon as well. Do you know if I'll need to buy an esc that's compatible? I really dislike the throttle binding or whatever it's called on the arrma esc. Even when I do it exact it doesn't always work properly. So I'm kinda over it anyway. If I don't havw to buy a new one I wont. Just

All radios work with all ESCs. Throttle calibration is needed whenever you swap radios or ESC.

I was just thinking about this. Weird. I have 900mhz systems in my "stash" because of my long range drones. Might be able to install one of the rx's in my limitless/infraction and get more range than 2.4 even at ground level. Stop spinning brain wheels!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back